Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.....about the movie 'Good Hair' with Chris Rock
12-06-2009, 10:33 PM,
.....about the movie 'Good Hair' with Chris Rock
I saw a portion of Oprah dealing with this movie. I heard that it was a documentary on the hair replacement industry and also has a comedy element (of course--since Chris Rock is in it). Has anyone seen it? Does it add any insight to hair wearing? Is it worth going to see?
Thanks!
12-07-2009, 12:34 PM,
Re: .....about the movie 'Good Hair' with Chris Rock
Good movie! Its about African Americans and their hair. Comical movie, yet very informative! Alot of parallel between women's weaves and us!
12-10-2009, 01:53 AM,
Related to this, when I finally decided to take the plunge after reading the forums for more than a year, one of the factors that pushed me over the edge was women, and Black women in particular. Going into Atlanta, Virginia & DC, and working with some high level executive Black women, who had "unit" hair ( from outstanding to "she makes enough to get it done right, why doesn't she!?!?!"), I lost my last inhibitions to wearing a unit, when so many women in the workplace, of all races, have something on their head that DIDN'T grow out of it.....why can't I !!!!
12-10-2009, 08:33 AM,
Mr.NewYork Wrote:Related to this, when I finally decided to take the plunge after reading the forums for more than a year, one of the factors that pushed me over the edge was women, and Black women in particular. Going into Atlanta, Virginia & DC, and working with some high level executive Black women, who had "unit" hair ( from outstanding to "she makes enough to get it done right, why doesn't she!?!?!"), I lost my last inhibitions to wearing a unit, when so many women in the workplace, of all races, have something on their head that DIDN'T grow out of it.....why can't I !!!!

yeah good point. Women have this stuff down to a science. If they can do it why cant we?