Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm only 21 years old and worried (pic)
12-06-2009, 10:46 PM,
I'm only 21 years old and worried (pic)
My hair is starting to recede. Everyday I see hair in the shower drain. The receding hairline makes me look older than I am and I sure don't like it. I feel like I'm being robbed of my youth. At what point should I consider wearing a hair system. I now comb my hair forward to hide the receding hairline but at the rate it's thinning I know that that eventually I'll need a hair piece. Shall I start now and just fill in the recession? I've included a photo of a hairline that is similiar to me (that's not me in the photo) so you can see what stage I'm at. Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.
Thank you.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

12-07-2009, 07:39 AM,
Re: I'm only 21 years old and worried (pic)
Hmm thisi si a difficult one as the pic is of Jude Law and not your hair. What I mean is its hard to advise without seeing your hair, the reason for this is I have used 2 small pieces at the hairline to hide my reccesion but its very tricky to do and also just because your hairline is receeding that dosnt mean to say you will be able to hide it with a system, because you may be a difuse thineer (going thin all ove the top) which means if you put two 65% stock unit pieces in the recessed area and the rest of your hair was thinner it would look terrible believe I know I ve done it! Post some pics of your own hair, side shot, hairline shot and top shot so we can advise better
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM,
Hey 7thSon, can you please give some tips on how to use two small pieces at the hairline. I recently went to a stylist and asked about this but she told me it couldnt be done because it would be too difficult. I was thinking of cutting my hair really short so there are no bangs in front of my face and then trying to integrate two small pieces in order to fill in my hairline. Im hoping it could work out although there probably would be more frequent removals and attachments.
12-08-2009, 08:37 AM,
Hi drew I have posted pics in the past just search my login name and have a look. You have to bear in mind I had a longer hairstyle which helped with blending (3in long) however i stopped wearing them as it was soooo tricky also I am a slow diffuse thinner on top and my own hair was looking way thin compared to the two pieces. However it can be done what I did was shave down the really thin areas of my own hairline to create 2 triangle shaped bald spots then made little templates the same way you make a full size one and placed them on a stock unit and cut them out (be careful when cutting the lace etc). Thats it really but as I have said it is very tricky!