Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple Points on topper or fullcap (before and after pics)
12-09-2009, 04:28 PM,
Re: Temple Points on topper or fullcap (before and after pics)
jcoors Wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys. It's a partial, not the fullcap that I posted a week or two ago - that was just too much, too quick. Thanks to those of you (jrob and gematria included) who drilled that point home. I'm a perfectionist and there's a lot of upkeep involved, but so far it's definitely worth it.

That is a flawless looking partial unit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Worst case scenario you cut the full cap down to the size of this one and use it as a partial.
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM,
Hi Jcoors

Your hair looks great, whats the density?
12-10-2009, 06:01 AM,
Looks good, but I can notice the bump...where the piece hair is flatter than your own hair. This is the downside of going with a PARTIAL and having a comb down style. If you had a bigger topper...everything would look more uniform and natural...and if you have no sides, then going for a full cap is better for a comb down.

I would suggest spiking it up, this is the best option for a partial. I've experimented with comb down, medium to long, and short spikey. The short spikey blends better for a partial. To some this may seem picky, but if you are going to wear hair, you want it to work well. I am wearing a short spikey style for now, but leaning towards making my template to extend into the crown...this way the hair will fall DOWN into my own hair.
12-10-2009, 03:28 PM,
Spartan: your observation is astute. I'm doing the combdown style because (1) I think it looks pretty good but more because (2) it's much easier to hide any flaws in the hairline, and because of that I can get a longer attachment.

Drogster: I had hair added so I'm not sure. Probably around 70%.

The next piece I order will be a larger partial. As of now there is a slight difference where the piece hair is different than my own hair that no lay person can really detect.
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM,
That looks awesome jcoors, a far more subtle transition than the thick full cap I think.
Is there any chance you could make a mark (with MSPaint or something) to outline where the partial actually begins, I can't tell at all!

How has it all been for you? Have people commented or noticed etc? I think I recall you saying you still went to University yeah? How's the hair gone down with the uni kids?
Congrats again, you look great.
12-14-2009, 09:19 PM,
Wildcat: shoulda taken a photo for you while I was reattaching yesterday, but forgot. Next time if I remember I will.

[Image: sdc10594i.th.jpg]

The piece makes a dramatic difference in the way I look - it adds about a point to my looks (according to a friend) on a 10 point scale, which is a very big deal. Literally everyone I know (with one exception) has noticed it, and it's quite interesting to note the reactions - some people say something, some people don't, some people say I look different but don't verbalize why, some people ask me if I did something different to my hair. The most extreme reactions --one guy didn't notice at all (then again, he didn't think I was balding before, which shows his powers of observance are about 0), and two people literally didn't recognize me - I guess they recognized me before by my huge forehead.

Re: school, I wore a hat for 2 weeks to ease the transition, and the first day I took the hat off was during finals, so people were preoccupied with their own shit.
12-16-2009, 06:27 PM,
Great job. A hairpiece does make a huge positive difference to your looks. Interestingly, although the partial piece looks more realistic, the full cap shaves a few additional years off your age. You look about 26 with just your real hair, about 22/23 with the toupee, and you could pass for a teenager in the full wig.

I assume from what you say that you are completely open about wearing a hairpiece, and haven't tried to conceal the process? Have your friends and family been accepting of that choice? Do you find it is a big subject for discussion?

Would you be willing to take a photo of your piece when it is off your head? I would be interested to see how you have designed the base.
12-17-2009, 10:57 PM,
just bear in mind that the majority of people are getting on with there lives and dont spend there time trying to spot a hair system.
only person whos nervoues as hell is you, thats anxiety for yahh, dispraportional to the actuall event.
there all looking for the 70's wigg,which a blind man could spott.
great pics m8,if there was more coverage in the media documentarys about how far hair systems have came, i wonder how many people would look into wearing.
why be a victim of hair loss,when youve got one chance, onelife, to look great feel better, fantastic,
i use concealer so i can empethaise.
but do plann on a topper , but its a very expensive route.
long as youre system dosent look like this youre doing something right , (i meant the file not the hair)see attachment

Attached Files Image(s)

12-24-2009, 06:10 AM,
Hey Jcoors,

Are your temple points 70% as well or did you go a little lower on the density?
12-29-2009, 07:23 PM,
Thatkid, you could go a little lower on the density, but that's up to you. I've found that the flaphair sheds faster, so that's another factor to take into consideration. Blend the flaphair into some of your sideburn hair for added realism.

As for me, I think it's about the same right now, but it's really hard to tell cause I've had hair added.