Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have feedback on Virtual Reality HR?
12-10-2009, 04:53 PM,
Re: Does anyone have feedback on Virtual Reality HR?
How long someone can wear a system and be comfortable or have a sturdy attachment is subjective. There is no right or wrong answer, but to me a month is not very sanitary. ur trappling ur sweat and oil under the glue, so u will not feel it as much as long as the glue stays in tact. that does not mean its very sanitary. Good way to get an irritation or something. Everyone is different.

I cut my own hair, so i dont have to worry about it. U buy a wahl buzzer and do it urself its simple. Or go to a barber or anywhere else.
12-10-2009, 05:10 PM,
Hair Club for Menz does a 'hard bond' which lasts 4-6 weeks. They sell a bottle of a product called 'Alive.' The customer squirts it on their head through the base. It's an enzyme that 'eats' the crud that has accumulated on the scalp. It feels so much better to have the ability to remove the unit when you want, clean your scalp, and do a fresh attachment. I agree with Xeon--going a month or longer is not sanitary.
Regards,
John
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM,
In regards to the "disposable hair piece" question....

In reality, any hairpiece is disposable. It just depends how long you wish to keep it.

Some Virtual Reality salons offer contracts for 4 pieces a year. Some offer a new piece every month! It just depends how much you want to spend! I remember getting a new piece every month because I thought after a month they would self destruct or had it programmed into my mind that they "go bad" after awhile. Well, I'm wearing a Toplace piece right now that has been going strong for 3 months. Granted, I'm sure its about time for me to get a new one... but the monthly hairpieces are just a waste.

I guess at this point its an issue about time, money, and commitment.

1. Do you want to spend the time going to a hair piece salon, spending 2-3 hours an appointment there, and going every 2 weeks?

2. Do you want to spend the money for this salon, which can amount to $300-500 or more a month!

3. Do you want to commit to this contract of regular payments, cut ins, and appointments?

If you really don't want to go through the effort of doing it yourself at home, finding a barber or someone to cut your hair, or the every 2 weeks maintenance and upkeep, then the hair piece at home route might not be for you.

There is no shame in going to a hair piece salon. Just realize you will have to pay alot, have to sign a contract, and you will have to do regular visits. And realize that many are understaffed and have 9-5 hours... so if you work a job that isn't very flexible, don't expect to get in very often. Saturday appointments book up fast, and if you want to switch from a Wednesday to a Thursday last minute because of something coming up, don't expect it to happen... they are usually double and triple booked and won't be able to fit you in anywhere! I used to have to book my appointments every 2 weeks for months and months in advanced to even get in. It wasn't pretty!

Feel free to ask more questions! We are here to help!
12-12-2009, 03:59 AM,
James,
Your comment that 'all units are disposable' is spot on! I know that Richard Farrell tells his customers that his units are not the cheap disposable units so that he can justify his cost of $2,600 per unit. He says that his units last from 3-5 years (he doesn't tell them that they'll have to send in the units for hair adds and replacement of the fronts---he charges $395.00 for just a new front). The only thing in a Farrell unit that lasts 3-5 is the fine monofilament base which is 'yesterday's technology' and commonly referred to as 'screens' because the base is as thick as window screen (by the way he does use SFS fronts to achieve realism). If anyone wants to order a fine mono base we can do it at no extra charge. But why? The human hair still oxidizes and wears like any other unit. Why have a base that outlasts the hair? You're just adding new hair to old hair on the base, paying shipping charges, and waiting for the unit to be returned. The cost of the fine mono base is probably less than $1.00---no big deal although Richard Farrell makes it sound like the the 'magic base' that lasts for 5 years. Richard Farrell has no patent on 'magic bases'---I can get fine mono. Richard Farrell has no patent on tying a knot. So when he states that he has 'proprietary knowledge' that's a bunch of bull. All systems are disposable since the human hair oxidizes. If you want a base that outlasts the hair just let me know and I'll get it for you. But why?
Regards,
John