Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Holiday Wishes from the Founder of Toplace
12-13-2009, 03:24 AM,
Re: Happy Holiday Wishes from the Founder of Toplace
Gordon, where do you get your cut-ins done in Scotland? I'm new and finding it really difficult to find a place here.
12-13-2009, 05:28 AM,
:mrgreen: Nice to see some oldies posting here.
12-14-2009, 08:01 AM,
kevinme Wrote:Gordon, where do you get your cut-ins done in Scotland? I'm new and finding it really difficult to find a place here.

kevinme, i get them in Glasgow, Sauchiehall Street.
£50 from Extra Hair Salon
really friendly so they are and 100% genuinely helpful
12-15-2009, 04:47 AM,
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the link. I've gave them an e-mail. I'm up in the North of Alba, and found it really hard to find a cut-in person.
I'm still waiting my hair, but really hope to have it for Christmas. What made you go for the system, and how's it came across
in Scotland? I get the impression that most people here are oblivious to it.
I'm using Nanogen at the moment, but my hairline is receding, but I really just want to have hair again Smile
12-16-2009, 11:07 AM,
kevinme Wrote:Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the link. I've gave them an e-mail. I'm up in the North of Alba, and found it really hard to find a cut-in person.
I'm still waiting my hair, but really hope to have it for Christmas. What made you go for the system, and how's it came across
in Scotland? I get the impression that most people here are oblivious to it.
I'm using Nanogen at the moment, but my hairline is receding, but I really just want to have hair again Smile

im actually going thers on Friday for a trim of my own hair. i dont think they are too clued up on email, the WWW, as daft as it may seem. but they are fantastic in dealing with these matters. if i was you i would give them a call. Ask for Bobbi who's actually a girl and extremely nice. i think they charge £50 per cut in. they also sell their own systmes for around £500 but as you just want a cut in they are perfectly fine with that.

As far as wearing, a good hair peice is undetectable, as long as you are not 60 years old and resemble Elvis Presley when he was 21.. you should be fine.!!
ive been wearing for 15 years and i can hosestly say that Toplace was like winning the lottery for me, hair wise. i was paying at first £1500 for a peice in 1994, then i found a place in Stockport where i was paying about £600 for a fitted and £200 for a pile of crap!!
i know some people noticed that i was wearing in the past but that was before Toplace. some of the stuff i wore was abysmal!
Toplace - you wont find anywhere on the planet thats better than them.

here is my advice to you, albeit i dont know your age, depth of recession etc:

order 2 units and get both cut in by Extra Hair or anyone who does this. if your hair loss is pretty extreme, id maybe want a very light density. when i started wearing i went from being very thin at the front to a density of about 130%- far too extreme. i did look about 15 years younger!

wearing hair does take time to adjust to, and your family and friends will admire your bravery. however, after a few months they will forget how you looked and will accept you with your new

without doubt it was the best thing i ever did all them years ago

any questions feel free to ask, id be glad to help
12-20-2009, 11:41 PM,
Gordons mith Wrote:
kevinme Wrote:Gordon, where do you get your cut-ins done in Scotland? I'm new and finding it really difficult to find a place here.

kevinme, i get them in Glasgow, Sauchiehall Street.
£50 from Extra Hair Salon
really friendly so they are and 100% genuinely helpful

gordon where you the blonde guy or the dark haired guy
12-21-2009, 09:01 AM,
Hi Gordon,

many thanks for the nice and detailed reply. Very helpful, indeed. How did your cut-in go?

I'm 27, so quite young and new to wearing. My hair is reasonably thick in the areas that I am not balding. I'm now receding at the crown as well, but for the past 7 years I've been balding at the front, right now, I'm going for the sidesweep/comb over type thing at the front and using Nanogen to volume up the hair. So, hopefully getting on top of the hair loss at a reasonably young age, I'm hoping it'll be alright.
I went for 75% density, my hair is generally quite thick, I used to get called Haribo at School, do you know the Sweetie guy? He's a wee guy with really thick dark hair. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://comecolodentreprise.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/haribo-logo-01.jpg">http://comecolodentreprise.files.wordpr ... ogo-01.jpg</a><!-- m -->

I used to wear when my hair wasn't so receding, a spiked top at the front, but my plan is to wear a fringe to start with, as I've kinda got one right now, and then maybe a few weeks/month later try spiking it up a bit to make a slow adjustment to wearing.
When I went for 75%, I realised that this is quite a thick density, but for the past few months I've been growing my hair in too, which I've had a trim at the front as If I grow it too long it'll look bad, but I just hope it arrives soon because I'll soon have a mullett. haha.

How did you cope with day to day life wearing? Do you sleep with the hair on, and are you able to exercise etc with it on?
I play a lot of sports, and run a bit, so hoping to continue them with it, but for the past few years, I've been running with a tammy/beanie hat on just as my hair is not that great.

Cheers again,