Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM,
Re: If you HATE tapes and glues...(photo)
i also posted in another forum - the thing was pretty strong hold on initial attachment

i went to hot tub and then have sex 5 hours later and then thing lifted - the whole thing.
i have to bang my gf while holding on to my hair - it was really embarassing !! (she didnt know i wear) :ugeek:

that was my first and last time attachment with this product
01-11-2010, 11:57 AM,
I've been using G2BG spray for more than two years, and I've used the spiking gel for several months. Here is what I've found:

The spray works great for me with a skin system. It usually loosens up overnight when I sleep, but it's a 2 minute job to reattach. I always hated the long involved clean up of lace and glue residue.

The spray did not hold on lace for me.

The gel seemed to have a slightly longer/stronger hold and easier clean up, but I would warn you to test how it reacts to your body chemistry/perspiration. I'd used it for a good while, then one night after a fresh attachment I had to set up our band's gear in a hurry. The place was hot, and after an hour I was dripping wet. I thought something felt funny, when I checked I could slide the entire piece around on my head. I got through that night by putting on a ball cap, but it could have been disastrous. I never had this happen with the spray.
01-19-2010, 06:56 AM,
Okay so on the way home from work I've picked up a tube of got2b glued spiking glue. Its made by Schwarzkopf.

I've put a layer on the back of my hand.. waited 5 mins and it dried smooth and shiney with no stickyness or tackyness at all. Put another thicker layer on and the same result. A bit of tissue wouldnt even stick to it.

So am I doing something wrong or is the US and UK formulars different?

Thanks

Andrew
01-19-2010, 06:59 AM,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/schwarzkopf-got2b-glued-water-resistant-spiking-glue-150ml_1_153580.html">http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/schwarzk ... 53580.html</a><!-- m -->

This is the one
01-20-2010, 12:34 AM,
UKlad Wrote:Okay so on the way home from work I've picked up a tube of got2b glued spiking glue. Its made by Schwarzkopf.

I've put a layer on the back of my hand.. waited 5 mins and it dried smooth and shiney with no stickyness or tackyness at all. Put another thicker layer on and the same result. A bit of tissue wouldnt even stick to it.

So am I doing something wrong or is the US and UK formulars different?

Thanks

Andrew

you stick something to it before it dries, eg the lace. its not like normal glues where u wait for it to become tacky.
02-05-2010, 12:17 PM,
Lets say you style your hair while the spiking glue is holding it on. What do you do when you want re-style your hair so you can wash the product out of your hair but not get the spiking glue attaching the lace to your head wet and have that break down?
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM,
To be honest, since it's so easy to detach, clean, and reattach, whenever I want to restyle, I just do the whole process of showering. Shower, shampoo piece, pat dry with towel, put piece back on, then style.

You might want to try putting water on your hair, then combing it through with a comb several times. As long as your head isn't soaked in water, the G2BG will hold. Let us know what solutions you come up with =) .

**TIP FOR PEOPLE WITH A THINNING PIECE**
If you guys have a thinning lace piece and use G2BG for attachments, there's a solution! After I shower and the piece is off, I color my SCALP (real scalp) at the place where the piece is thinning with Dermatch. Then I just continue on the process of attachment with G2BG as normal. The G2BG can go right on the Dermatch without problems. Once the piece is on, the thin spot is concealed almost perfectly. My thin spot is big and really thin too.

Leamon
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM,
Just to add a side note. I find the got2bglued spiking glue works very well on thin skin. On my thin skin pieces, sometimes I have to actually use alcohol to remove.

I find that when i leave my own hair underneath without shaving it, the hold is even better. It is like the hairs become anchors in the got2b. It actually hurts sometimes taking it off. I guess the next thing for me to try, is mastix p spirit gum.
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM,
Oh so Xeon, you got your thin skin piece already? What do you think of it?
02-09-2010, 06:47 AM,
Skin has its pros and cons. There are things I really like about it, and I guess somethings at times are not as good as lace. A lot of people Do not like it for the front hairline, but with toplaces very thin skins, It def can work well for some people. I think maybe it matters on what kind of adhesives you use as well as your complexion and hair style. I mean I have had skin pieces that didnt look right in the front at all, and a couple that disappeared like lace.

Its cool that it just seems more durable in the sense that you do not get any of the straggly hairs falling through the lace holes. There no glue bleed to worry about or any of that. Plus u dont have to worry about dirt and hairs sticking in the glue or it getting tacky. The thin skin really attaches nicely with got2bglued. I get a really solid bond. I dont even use tape or glue anymore for the base. Its just something you have to experiment and try, LIke anything else some will like it, and others wont.

r