Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficult to Brush Wet Hair
12-14-2009, 08:04 AM,
Difficult to Brush Wet Hair
Had my peice for about 3 months and almost from day 1, i always find it "tuggy" when trying to brush it after ive cameout the shower.

i can see that its a bit of a tangled mess, would appreciate any info as to why its so tangled and whats the best way to deal with this problem?

Thanks
12-14-2009, 12:00 PM,
Re: Difficult to Brush Wet Hair
How long is your hair? Do you shampoo it in the shower? Conditioner or detangler? Also, what type of comb/brush do you use?

Leamon
12-15-2009, 08:16 AM,
leamon Wrote:How long is your hair? Do you shampoo it in the shower? Conditioner or detangler? Also, what type of comb/brush do you use?

Leamon

no more than 2" long. i shampoo about once per week and use conditioner. I use the brush with the little balls on the bristles
12-15-2009, 10:28 AM,
1) WIg hair should only be shampooed off head. If you do shampoo while attached, it's not the same vigrous swirl you do to live hair; it's a fingertip type gentle movement in vertical lines.

2) Rinse daily, shampoo once a week or less. I personally don't shampoo the wig more than twice a month.

3) Get out the moisture before brushing. Roll the piece up in a dry towel, squeezw and unroll. Now brush. Brushing wet wig hair will lead to stress on the hair & breaking of the hair.
12-15-2009, 02:04 PM,
I can almost guarantee you that it's your shampoo. I had the same problem when I was using drugstore sulfate-free shampoo. It didn't have enough conditioning/detangling agents in it and the hair was always a mess. Then when you go to comb it out the hair breaks and some of the knots come loose.

Another suggestion- only use the brush when the hair is dry. Use a W I D E tooth comb. If you do run into t tangle you can usually "roll" the comb forward to gently remove it. Save the brush for dry hair only.
12-16-2009, 10:53 AM,
JRob
i think you are correct in the shampoo. when i use shampoo, you would think it was glue i washed it with cos the hair is so mangled.

only when i use conditioner does the hair untangle itself

i live across the pond in the UK and i dont think we get the same type of shampoos that are suitable for wig's as you may get in the US.

Best wishes
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM,
If the hair is a mess right after washing it is definitely the shampoo. This is why my old units would shed quickly. I made the mistake of thinking that just because the shampoo was sulfate free that it was automatically good for processed hair. Now I know that not only was it not good for the hair, but it was absolutely destroying it.
12-17-2009, 06:23 AM,
Gordon,
I've checked our records and you have not placed an order with Toplace since '07. You got that unit from another source. Who did you order it from?
Regards,
John
12-17-2009, 07:09 AM,
I shampoo ofter ON my head, i have never had a tangeling problem. I am 4 inches long. A good conditioner will not let that happen. I will spray aleave in before combing out before styling.