Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I Really Need Temple Flaps?
04-02-2010, 11:31 AM,
Do I Really Need Temple Flaps?
Hey Folks, I am going to be making a template in the next day or 2 for sending off to toplace, what I was wondering was, should I make my template with temple flaps? I am 28 and have receeding temple points ( mostly on one side ) and was wondering if this was the best option for me. Would this be a better outcome than having the hair from my new system covering the receeding area?. Like your thoughts please.

Thanks

Bryan
04-03-2010, 12:17 PM,
Re: Do I Really Need Temple Flaps?
Bryan, if you're new to wearing, try to make it as simple as possible. Although temple flaps are nothing too hard to manage, but for an absolute newbie, maybe it's better to build a template w/o flaps at first and let the hair on your piece cover the sides. After you get experience, then it's not too late to order your next piece with flaps.

That's about all the advice I can give you due to the vagueness of your description/question. That's probably why you didn't get a lot of answers. It's like me asking, "should I go on a diet? I think I'm a little large"...hehehe

Good luck!

Leamon
04-04-2010, 01:30 AM,
Leamon's right. It's difficult to give you advice without seeing you or a photo. You might want to consider a private webcam consultation with Debbie and she can give you her professional opinion on that and what specs to order.
Regards,
John
04-04-2010, 07:40 AM,
Sorry if I was to vague, I'm not new to wearing (about 8 years) but I am new to ordering my own systems and doing maintenance myself, I have made a template with flaps for sending already (seen good examples on this forum) and Ithink it looks good I may post pics of my hair line for feedback before I send it off, I would say at one side of my temple is worse than the other in terms of receeding, I just never new this was possible untill I seen this forum and I think thay all look great compared to my expensive advanced hair one and would like to replicate those, What I would really like to no is do you think it's possible to have the system look as good using only the hair from the system to cover the temple area?
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM,
Baldy82 Wrote:What I would really like to no is do you think it's possible to have the system look as good using only the hair from the system to cover the temple area?

Yes it's possible. Here is a picture of the system I'm wearing now. I chose to comb it semi downwards on this day. Usually I comb the front up a little. Regardless, the hair on the side of my system covers up my temples. My temples are weak, as well.

[Image: noflaps.jpg]

I recently sent in a new template, in which I'm going polyskin and I've incorporated very small flaps. It'll be interesting to see the results. The piece in the picture is swiss lace.

Leamon