Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for the right styling product
12-26-2009, 01:01 PM,
looking for the right styling product
hi everyone

which styling product can you recommend for a hairstyle like this (see picture)? as you can see it is the complete opposite of a wet style look. i would like to keep it as natural as possible. of course, the styling product should to be appropriate for hairpieces.

has anyone of you ever tried the "garnier surf hair" texture paste? could that be something i am looking for?

thanks a lot for your feedback, jay

Attached Files Image(s)

12-27-2009, 06:40 AM,
Re: looking for the right styling product
I have tried it, It makes a very dry and tousled look. The problem with that is that it dries the hair out pretty bad.. People recommend using a serum with the product. There are many matte products out there u could try. A guy on here did reviews on products. I think for matte look he recommended, Jerico cream wax, and paul mitchell I think it was called tea tree shaping cream. I dont know there are so many products out there. Some people also like american crew fiber, or ac matte. NOt sure how that acts on hair piece hair tho
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM,
Don't use surf hair without a drop of a silicone based product. It can dry the hair out. I used it in the past but I haven't touched in in over a year.

For that look I doubt you want a matte product. Probably a light wax. Pastes and heavy waxes can really gunk the hair up, and that looks like the opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

Styling products are tough. Not too much on the market that was developed specifically for hairpieces.

Keep in mind that the absence of alcohol doesn't mean that it will work well for processed hair. It's kind of a trial and error thing. I'm actually getting pretty close to starting R&D on some styling products that are formulated specifically for processed hair, so hopefully sometime next year there will be more options.
12-27-2009, 02:26 PM,
Hey hey, check my Info links sticky, there's a comprehensive review on hair gel and wax. Big Grin
12-27-2009, 10:12 PM,
Actually i light mousse would definitely achieve that look. I use an alcohol free mousse from samy. It works great for getting a shine free natural look with hold that has got some give so it wont make it look wiggy.
12-27-2009, 11:05 PM,
thanks for the feedback guys.

as usual there doesn't seem to be any right or wrong here. plus here in germany not all products you mentioned are available. i think i will have a shot at the pm waxworks. from your reviews in other threads it seems to be a pretty good and long lasting product. by using just a minimal amount of it i might be able to achieve the style i want.

cheers, jay
12-28-2009, 06:08 AM,
I tried Got2be Beach Boy gel and it made the hair extremely dry . I then applied Govanni's Shine of the times and fortunately this made it more manageable.
12-29-2009, 10:21 PM,
Jay Wrote:hi everyone

which styling product can you recommend for a hairstyle like this (see picture)? as you can see it is the complete opposite of a wet style look. i would like to keep it as natural as possible. of course, the styling product should to be appropriate for hairpieces.

has anyone of you ever tried the "garnier surf hair" texture paste? could that be something i am looking for?

thanks a lot for your feedback, jay

dhAustralia styling clay