Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tape Tips
12-27-2009, 03:41 PM,
Tape Tips
Ok, I'm starting this thread as a single location for tape tips, please add at will.

Here's a few I use:

Darius:
"Use a seam roller to flatten edges and adhear tape to lace before attaching to head"
I laughed when Darius suggested this as that is what he was doing, but much apologies I'm a fool. Been doing this since he suggested it and it is the key to using only tape at the hairline.

"Use a tape contour at the hairline when making you template" This saves time when attaching tape to hairline.

Xeon:
"When using Supertape stick side printed with "Supertape" to the lace, it has less shine than the other side"
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM,
Re: Tape Tips
W...please clarify
'at the front hairline leave just the part of fringe, half a circle beyond the tape. That way the edges wrap around the edge of tape and hide the tape. '
12-27-2009, 09:33 PM,
Do not try to apply tape when intoxicated.
12-27-2009, 09:35 PM,
...two yor wig or anything else...lol
12-27-2009, 09:40 PM,
...trying to seal your windows with saran wrap and supertape is a futile effort but a nice challenge.
11-08-2010, 03:13 AM,
RE: Tape Tips
Ok, I know you all have some things to add here.

Here is what I screwed myself on...

The past 4 months I've had these freakin horrible ripples along my hl, so I've been doing the comb down to cover, I could not figure out what was going wrong all the time, was I pulling to tight, not enough, was the piece made wrong from my template.

None of the above on my all SFS and Supertape attachment all around.

It was the darn hair dryer!!!!!!!!

I was putting my hd on high heat and heating it up before applying so It would get super sticky.

Last application no hd and absolutely no ripples.

In summation, don't heat your head(this maybe ok to dry but i wouldn't heat it up) and absolutely don't put heat on the piece after the tape is applied.

How about some adds from the vets here.
11-10-2010, 08:31 AM,
Thanks for posting this thread, Snipe. As a reminder for everyone using a hair dryer, it's a good idea to use the cool setting---not the hot. It's easier on the hair and the base.
11-13-2010, 12:42 AM,
I don't have any skin pieces, but I know those guys use some kind of tape trick to make clean up easier, anyone care to elaborate, xeon?....
11-16-2010, 07:02 AM,
There are some customers that use 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue' to get a short term attachment with a skin unit. It gets about 2-3 days of hold. It's also great for beginners to experiment with to get the hang of attaching.
Regards,
John
11-17-2010, 05:56 PM,
Got to be glued rocks! I detach and attach my polyskin unit every day. It takes no more than 5/7 minutes once you get the hang of it. More important, you can wash your scalp every day and keep it healthy! I will never go back to lace!