Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm going grey need advice on percentages (photo)
12-13-2009, 05:39 AM,
I'm going grey need advice on percentages (photo)
I'm thinking 20% in temples, 15 around topper perimeters and 10 on top.

My temple flaps are 50% density the rest is 65%.

Anyone have any pics?

My hair is salt and pepper I will be using touch of grey on Mr NYs recommendation to blend.
12-27-2009, 02:53 PM,
Re: I'm going grey need advice on percentages
Can someone please comment of post pics of 20% or 15% or any percentage of grey?

Hoping to hear from Fred also on this.

Thanks.
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM,
on the same topic, is it true that it is not possible to dye the grey hairs black cos they are made of synthetic material? I am planning on going about 5 % grey to start with and thought i will dye it in case it does not work out
12-27-2009, 09:13 PM,
Yes it is true, grey will always be greyin wigs.
12-28-2009, 11:52 AM,
Raks,
You can get real human gray or synthetic gray---the choice is yours. They are both the same price.
Regards,
John
12-28-2009, 12:39 PM,
Snipe,
Here's a photo of Mr. NewYork with a wet stock piece that is a #1B with 15% gray:

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

12-28-2009, 02:15 PM,
Re: I'm going grey need advice on percentages (photo)
Thanks John, that's synthetic correct?

Is that what I want, synthetic? Since I will be coloring my piece occasionally I have to use synthetic or else I will be coloring away the grey?

Also, I order body wave, will this be a problem with synthetic(contrasting the real hair)?

I think I may have to go 55% with 25% grey in temple areas and decrease up the flaps to 15% on the top?
12-28-2009, 02:41 PM,
Snipe,
That's real human gray since it's a stock unit. You can get synthetic on a stock unit if you specify it. Whether you want synthetic or human gray is a personal choice. Synthetic gray does not accept dye. Of course the synthetic hair does not have the same characteristics of human hair (light reflection, etc.) put mixed in with real human hair in percentages under 35% these are virtually undetectable. The body wave will be no problem. Are you going with 55% gray on top? Usually it's the temple areas that have the highest percentage of gray. Can you post a photo of the look you'd like to achieve? Then I'll be better able to advise you on gray percentages. Thanks.
Regards,
John
12-28-2009, 03:22 PM,
I'll try to post a pic, I will be using Touch of Gray to blend.

I was going with 55% density in the temple areas with 25% gray. 65% density on top with 20% gray.

I'll be be using the same template that I sent you last time and I will email you final specs when I decide.

So if I go with these number with synthetic hair will that look odd or be ok?

Reason I want synthetic is I'm outside a lot and the hair needs to be colored frequently and real gray will be colored after about a month of wearing.
12-29-2009, 01:12 AM,
Snipe,
Yes, that will work for you. Synthetic will work fine for you being outside alot and you needing to color your hair the synthetic gray will be a good choice for you.
Regards,
John