Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question from Australia
12-07-2009, 05:16 AM,
Question from Australia
We have a real money gouging hair provide her 'Down Under' whose name I will not reveal. So I'm looking for an alternative supplier that's more affordable. I've been reading the forum and I've always wondered what the big deal is with doing your own maintenance. If the stylist at the hair shop can do it can't be that difficult. After reading the forum I know that it's not hard to do at all. My question is 'if I sent in an old unit can you duplicate it?' I'm happy with the size, density, and wave of my current unit--I just don't like paying x##?! amount of dollars for the unit. Thanks for your answer and all the fine posters on this board that provide so much great information.
12-25-2009, 05:01 AM,
Re: Question from Australia
Im a brissy guy to... The easiest way to get a unit cut in is find a mobile hair dresser and explain your situation. I have a lady that comes and does mine for 35 bux. She lives in chermside. If you want her details Ill be glad to pass them on to you.
12-25-2009, 05:49 AM,
Chester,
Sure we can duplicate anything. Please make sure to include a hair sample as older units tend to fade and oxidize.
Merry Christmas,
John
12-26-2009, 08:54 PM,
Hi anubi,

How was the mobile hairdresser lady when she came for the first time to do the cut in? Did u have to explain what to do? I'm thinking about maybe doing the same & trying some mobile hair dressers.
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM,
DWNUNDR Wrote:Hi anubi,

How was the mobile hairdresser lady when she came for the first time to do the cut in? Did u have to explain what to do? I'm thinking about maybe doing the same & trying some mobile hair dressers.

If your near chermside you could use mine??? she was fine I told her before she came and she was fine.... She is basically cutting normal hair so its not real different. Just said to go longer than normal to start with so if it needs to be shorter she can as you only get one chance really... let me know if you want her number?
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM,
I'm in Adelaide. Been wearing for almost 30 years now 24/7, last six years full caps from the online vendors, before then toppers from a couple of the big $alons

You can buy Iso Pro 99% at Dick Smiths stores for about $8 for a 250ml pump action bottle.

At Bunnings and Big W stores you can get Oomph Glue Remover in various sized pump action bottles. It is much cheaper than the alternatives as it's made locally and IME works quicker and more effectively, and with less odour. Cleans up after mirror slides in seconds too.

For cut ins try to find a local stylist who wears himself if possible - the one I use here has a hair styling business and charges about $60 for cutting in a full cap. He wears and sells cyber hair from Japan but doesn't mind cutting in other sourced options.

Alternatively send it over to Debbie along with a photo of the style you want. Takes around 3 weeks all up there and back.
12-29-2009, 08:11 PM,
Traco Wrote:You can buy Iso Pro 99% at Dick Smiths stores for about $8 for a 250ml pump action bottle.

At Bunnings and Big W stores you can get Oomph Glue Remover in various sized pump action bottles. It is much cheaper than the alternatives as it's made locally and IME works quicker and more effectively, and with less odour. Cleans up after mirror slides in seconds too.

For cut ins try to find a local stylist who wears himself if possible - the one I use here has a hair styling business and charges about $60 for cutting in a full cap. He wears and sells cyber hair from Japan but doesn't mind cutting in other sourced options.

Alternatively send it over to Debbie along with a photo of the style you want. Takes around 3 weeks all up there and back.

I just use metho to remove squirted close to the base and I also use that oomph. It seems to be the best disolvent...