Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
safe-grip front with got2bglued on back.
12-30-2009, 09:25 AM,
safe-grip front with got2bglued on back.
I used my i-phone to take this.
I had to reduce in 2 times in size to get it to upload here.
I've used white adhesive 2 coats. The back is attached with got2bglued. My piece was way to dark. I placed it in very hot water ( 1 galon) and 1 cup of bleach for like 5 minutes. It did wonders to the color and some natural hi-lights subtle came out. Made the piece much more natural looking and similar to my own hair.

I haven't made the "jump" to shave my dwindling hair. . .So, I'm trying this out to see how ppl react (strangers).
Nobody seems to give me a second look.

I have to say that I wish there was 1/8 of inch or more of lace at the front without hair to make attachment easier.
It is very challenging without extra lace. Nontheless, I used a q-tip dipped in alcohol and went over the hairline where i had overshot the adhesive. Also, some hairs were glued in there and tried to clean in up a bit.

I did a sloppy job and got a crease/fold on the lace at the front (oops). But, it is still looking good.
I wonder how long I can keep this on without slaving on it.

So far, I like it. To detach, I think I'm gonna be ok with some alcohol. The white glues detach relatively easy and with little residue.
What kind of tape could achieve this undetectable look?

Thanks a bunch for any critisism. This is what this forum is all about.
Balamouti.

Attached Files Image(s)

02-02-2010, 08:26 PM,
Re: safe-grip front with got2bglued on back.
Its looks gud.

I have a few questions

1. What are the specs of ur unit. do u have a poly perimeter base with lace front?
2.Also I am about to receive my first piece ( ploy perimeter and french lace front), am not really sure I am ready to shave off the dwindling hair, how do u manage to hide the
hair?
3. How many days do u get out of the got2b glued bond?

Thanks & Regards
02-03-2010, 02:33 PM,
Re: safe-grip front with got2bglued on back.
Balamouti,
That looks real good. Nice job! And thanks for the tip about lightening the color.
Regards,
John