Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thin back hair
08-12-2008, 08:59 AM,
Thin back hair
I have very thin hair at the back and sides and have tried a few different ways of disguising the fact (thickening shampoo's, sprays, dermmatch etc)but I have just tried a wee experiment which so far seems to be working for me. With the help of a mirror, I was checking out the shape of the two very sparse areas in the back (nape area). I have a few old pieces lying around and thought I would try to cut out roughly the same shape as the sparse area's. I did this and attached them using small bits of blue liner tape and ultra hold on top of the tape. I thinned out the hair and blended it all in using dermmatch and it is such an improvement, I'm very happy with the results. This was only my first attempt at this so I would like to think my efforts will improve. This has always been at the back of my mind to give this a shot and I'm so glad I did, I'm also glad I didn't throw out any of those old pieces!

Craig
08-19-2008, 05:02 AM,
Re: Thin back hair
re
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM,
RFC

Just be careful in areas you can't readily see. When checking yourself out in a mirror at a restaurant you can easily see your front and some of the sides. But if you are taping patches to the nape of your neck, later that night while you are out something could go arwy and you might not even know. I have carried hand held little foldable mirror/brushes but you really can't get a good look. Just be extra careful is all I'm saying.
08-19-2008, 03:54 PM,
If you're going to that extent you may want to consider a 3/4 or full cap - much more secure and all the same consistency.

BA had Debbie do some tattooing which he says helps resolve the problem
08-20-2008, 08:49 AM,
Thanks for the replies and tips guys, I appreciate your input.

Reubin, I always discreetly check now and again just by gently scratching the back of my head to see everything is ok. I play for a football team (soccer to the uneducated :lol: ) I train in Mauy Thai and Brazilian ju jitsu so therefor sweat a great deal and so far have had no problem.

Traco, again thanks for your input mate. I have already discussed with both Debbie and BA about the possibility of me getting the tattoo's done but don't feel I am ready for it at this time. As far as a full cap goes, I was strongly thinking about it a few weeks back but I'm in a pretty good place at the moment as far as my hair is concerned and don't want to fix something that at the moment isn't broken.

Craig
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM,
Me permite enseñarlos - es fútbol en caso de que alguien en ese foro sea mal educado.

[Image: 610x.jpg]