Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knot Bleaching
08-13-2008, 10:40 PM,
Knot Bleaching
Would it ever be possible to have a Knot bleaching service that we could pay a little extra for? I was reading a post from MB(The legend) and he says that he request his hair unbleached from the factory & he does it himself to avoid extra bleaching again & causing more stress & shedding. I would definatly pay extra for the convienence & longer life I'd get from the piece's. I know I could just do it myself & yes I have been, but I don't get the best results all the time. I'd love too see a bleaching job By BA as he says he gets it perfect!
I'm curious who else would use this service if it exisited?
08-14-2008, 01:39 AM,
Re: Knot Bleaching
You might try ordering a blond unit and dying it your hair color. I've never done that myself, so I don't know how easy it is to get it right, or get the dye close enough to the base without actually touching the base, but other people here have said they do this.

-Darius
08-14-2008, 02:28 AM,
I thought of doing this myself but I'm affraid it's going to be too much of an hassle to color the hair close enough to the base and keep the blond color from reappearing (which is something a wearer with very dark hair like mine doesn't want to happen).

I must admit it though it would be the best solution, not only to eliminate the knots, but also the orange tint that usually shows under a strong light source, including the sun.
Regards Big Grin
08-14-2008, 03:02 AM,
Darius Wrote:You might try ordering a blond unit and dying it your hair color. I've never done that myself, so I don't know how easy it is to get it right, or get the dye close enough to the base without actually touching the base, but other people here have said they do this.

-Darius

I've done it, it wasn't much of a problem to get it close enough to the roots. I've seen 1/4" or more "blond" root from bleached knots too, and I really think that this enhances the illusion of hair growing out of the scalp. The root of the hair sort of "disappears" as it fades to blond, and The color was excellent after I dyed it, spot on with no red tones. But, it faded quickly - you'd probably have to recolor at least once a month IMO.
08-14-2008, 05:12 AM,
If you color the hair (which I have done with much success) the key is using a high quality coloring product. When I died a stock topper it was relatively easy to do with the Loreal or whatever hair coloring I bought at CVS, but it faded fast. Talked to my stylist and she basically said "that's what happens with store bought color". So if you're gonna do this, you might want to try to get ahold of some professional grade products.
08-14-2008, 05:52 AM,
Maybe BA's new product for bleaching knots will make things even easier. I wonder how much of a difference it could make with my very dark hair??
08-17-2008, 07:55 AM,
During the last UK convention I got a 1B/2 piece dyed black. It turned out to be the best I've ever had.

What I have found is that colour 1 knots are a pain to bleach out. As BA suggested the trick is to get the hair in a lighter shade and then to dye it black.

We used LOreal for men REAL BLACK and was left on for 20 minutes. Its been 3 months since the convention and I have'nt had to re dye it since. I use ADF colour correcting shampoo with every other wash though and shampoo my hair only every 3rd day.

This time I have again ordered 1B/ 2 hair ( my real hair colour is 1) and coloured it. have to get it cut in though.

I think someone else on the forum ( think its E sniper) also does the same