Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make highlights??
08-17-2008, 02:39 AM,
How to make highlights??
Hi,

My natural hair has a wide range of color: on top it's blonde and the sides and back are medium brown.

My hairpiece is also medium brown but I want to make the top hairs blonde to match it to my own hair.

How can I do that??

Best regards
08-20-2008, 07:34 AM,
Re: How to make highlights??
Hi student~!
Trying to lighten a unit is somewhat difficult....But I have set the unit on a styrofoam head and wet it and I have put it out in the sun and let the sun bleached the hair...it doesn't happen overnight but eventually it will be highlighted...you just have to monitor it and make sure no animals find it and take it away. I hope you have a back up unit so you can try this process...I have also used sun in blonde before with pretty good results outside which is quicker say maybe a couple of days...I know this sounds bizzare but I have done it and it will work...Once you have the color you want...then take it in and shampoo it and condition it very well. Youre other option would be to order an all blonde unit and try highlighting it with a darker color. Cheers
08-30-2008, 11:01 AM,
Re: How to make highlights??
Thanks, I don't have a back up piece yet, and there is no sun, so that's too bad. I tried a lightening spray on an old piece but it doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe I should get a stronger one. It says on the bottle that you shouldn't use it on died hair because it can give weird red colours but I don't know what else to do.

Any other suggestions??