Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please post on the new forum--use the old forum for searches
08-17-2008, 07:32 AM,
Please post on the new forum--use the old forum for searches
Please use the new forum for all new posts. We've transitioned to the new forum because people have requested a more modern and up to date forum. The new one has a lot more features and will be a lot easier to search once we've built up some posts. The old forum can still be used for searches on topics covered before. It's a change but it's worth it.
Regards,
John
08-18-2008, 07:08 AM,
Re: Please post on the new forum--use the old forum for searches
This really is not making sense to me. am i the only one? John is saying post here only, and BA and many others are on the old forum saying they do not intend on leaving. I thought the point of a new forum was to make things less complicated, and all it seems to be doing is the opposite. If you have half your customers posting here, and half posting on the other one, all it really is going to do is make searching through posts and posting twice the work, since u have two forums instead of one. Just think its defeating the purpose of making things easier.
08-18-2008, 07:36 AM,
How can we access the old forum ?
08-18-2008, 07:40 AM,
I sense revolution in the air !
People are flipping their wigs! Smile

Well .. maybe not revolution ... maybe just gas
from this enchilada hot plate I just ate ! Smile
08-19-2008, 12:19 AM,
John, please put the link to the old forum on the home page. Thanks
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/forum/241571/">http://www.network54.com/forum/241571/</a><!-- m -->

John you guys should keep that forum for a year or two, lock the threads and post a link so people can search it and see my panic in May of 2005 when I first started wearing.

People always ask questions instead of searching anyways....
08-23-2008, 11:40 AM,
I'm with Xeon on this. I don't know which forum to post on.
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM,
The old forum has a lot of great info but lacked features and many people had to go to Google to search topics. The new forum offers much more options such as better searches, bookmarkers, the ability for categories (which hasn't been finalized yet), etc. and is much easier to use . I'm working with BA to resolve this so we can get the best of both worlds--hopefully soon.
Regards,
John
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM,
Personally, I find the new forum very user unfriendly and I seem to be jumping around from here to there to find anything. I would like a link back to the old one...Just my two cents...
08-26-2008, 07:07 AM,
I have to say I am also not in love with the new forum. Is there a way to identify topics sthat have been read until there are any new posts?