Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New wearer....
08-18-2008, 04:33 AM,
New wearer....
I have been wearing my piece for about a month now and I am still seeing some of my friends I had not seen since I started with the piece. I just saw this one female friend of mine on saturday and after about 20 minutes she asked me "have you done something to your hair?" I said "yes I styled it different and letting it grow out more"...she followed by "it looks nice" nothing more was said. Last week I also saw another female friend and it was pretty much the same. Plus that I have lost about 30lbs cause Im training for a half marathon so I think they see my weight loss and my hair and it doesn't seem that dramatic!

My best friend saw me about 3-4 days after I started wearing and he noticed I changed my hair but never new what it was...he would just tell me "your new hairstyle looks a lot better" I also told him I changed the style and darkened it!

Im very happy with my hp! I need to order my next piece very soon!!

By the way people, I know its hard to start wearing believe me it took me a good 5 months to wear it! But, you will most likely not regret it!
08-18-2008, 05:25 AM,
Re: New wearer....
cool, i think thats one of the big things prospective hair wearers are concerned about - the transition.

how bald were u b4, if u don't mind me asking . ie what number on the norwood scale

http://journals.cambridge.org/fulltext_c...sup007.gif
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM,
That was one of my biggest worries. The transitions.

On that scale I might have been a V but I used toppik so that would make me a II or III.

den10 Wrote:cool, i think thats one of the big things prospective hair wearers are concerned about - the transition.

how bald were u b4, if u don't mind me asking . ie what number on the norwood scale

http://journals.cambridge.org/fulltext_c...sup007.gif
08-19-2008, 06:51 AM,
you've actually given me an idea about how i could ease my transition...i'm thinking of a hairpiece that is relatively low density with recession anyway - however this Toppik stuff could ease me in... Smile
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM,
I was using toppikk for years before going with a piece. I grew a full beard and when it came time to slap the first piece on my head I did it at a proessional shop on a Friday after work. This was MAy 20th 2005. I had the whole weekend to worry, tweak and what not. My first template pretty much mirrored my baldness recession so the change was only a bit drastic. Plus I shaved my beard and went to work on Monday. Eveyone said "Oh you shaved" - people who had not seen me in a while said "Oh you lost weight". One boss asked if I did anything different to my hair and I said I had colored it.

Besides that no one knew.

Slowly over a 1 year period I started making my templates gradually bigger and finally to the point where I was when I was 30 - 12 years ago.

Someone who has not seen me since a week before I started wearing until now will notice a huge difference - however at this point 3 years have past so doing the gradual thing was very helpful.

Also shaving the beard was priceless and really masked the transition.
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM,
HI guys,

I worry about my transition too. Im waiting for my first TL to arrive, Im sure it will in a week or so. I have been using toppik for almost 3 years now and Im tired of the hassle. If I have to throw a hat on, I have to keep it on 'till I get home, shower, and put more toppik on, cause it rubs the toppik away and looks BAD. Plus I still have to worry about rain, and cant go swimming, and my gf of three years has never seen me without it or with a wet head. And we lived together for a year! haha.
So, at this point im just letting my hair grow out, getting a little shaggy, and still using toppik. I figured I can wear a hat everyday to work for the next few weeks, so when I start wearing soon, most people will think I just got a haircut finally, haha. Maybe even wear a hat with the TL for the first week or so, so its not an INSTANT change. Think that will work?
Patrick
08-20-2008, 02:52 PM,
Patrick,

I completely know what you mean. I also used toppik for a long time. I got tired of not being able to wet my hair and also got tired of the clean up on a weekly basis of the entire bathroom!

I think since you wear hats it would be great and easy for you. I don't wear a cap so people did noticed my hair but they didn't know what I did. I told everyone it was a hairstyle/colored or gowning it out. If you wear a cap before and then you wear it while you have it on the transition will be easier i think.

Good luck!

Patrick128 Wrote:HI guys,

I worry about my transition too. Im waiting for my first TL to arrive, Im sure it will in a week or so. I have been using toppik for almost 3 years now and Im tired of the hassle. If I have to throw a hat on, I have to keep it on 'till I get home, shower, and put more toppik on, cause it rubs the toppik away and looks BAD. Plus I still have to worry about rain, and cant go swimming, and my gf of three years has never seen me without it or with a wet head. And we lived together for a year! haha.
So, at this point im just letting my hair grow out, getting a little shaggy, and still using toppik. I figured I can wear a hat everyday to work for the next few weeks, so when I start wearing soon, most people will think I just got a haircut finally, haha. Maybe even wear a hat with the TL for the first week or so, so its not an INSTANT change. Think that will work?
Patrick
08-20-2008, 03:40 PM,
Stop wearing hats once you get the piece. Wearing hats is tricky. Bobby can give you pointers but I'd go into work no hat and try to get out of that habit if possible. For Bobby it's not possible because of his job. Hats screw up the style when you take them off. Hair will be stuck and going in funny ways. If you plan on keeping the hat on the whole time then disregard this post.
08-21-2008, 06:11 PM,
Hey Gonza, Reuben,

The funny thing is, I HATE wearing hats. I usually dont wear one unless its a bad toppik day, haha. Or it rains, cause I work outside. But I figured I can wear one for the first week or two at work, with the TL. It will be like now, once I put a hat on, I wont take it off till I get home. I might wear one for a week or so everyday before I start wearing the TL too. That way its not an instant change. Like I said before, Im just letting my real hair get a little shaggy right now two, while using toppik also. So for a few weeks, they only see me with shaggy hair and mostly a hat. Then, in a few weeks I show up without a hat and the TL, so it looks like I finally got a haircut. Then Im burning all my hats! :lol:

Patrick