Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does hair on thin skin lay flatter then on SFS?
08-18-2008, 07:12 AM,
does hair on thin skin lay flatter then on SFS?
Can anyone answer this question for me?

I have my first unit which is SFS but my hair seems to be poofy so hoping hair on thin skin lays flatter?

Thx
08-18-2008, 07:35 AM,
Re: does hair on thin skin lay flatter then on SFS?
Yes usually, the hair on skin units does lay flatter, but believe me, after a couple of weeks and a few washes, the hair on your lace piece will settle down.

Regards
08-18-2008, 10:33 AM,
Yes it does lay flatter, doesn't tangle as much either, and it stays glued down longer and is easier to clean up. You may need to spike it up a bit with some product. I'm currently wearing a 65% density all PSB full cap that I've had laying around for a while and use TDI Hair Bond Creme on it to get some lift.

Downside, in my experience, is it's hotter and sweat builds up under the base. Noisy to touch also. Front edge has to be well secured to avoid detectability - better suited to comb down styles really.
08-19-2008, 10:40 AM,
yes...

Which can be a problem for some switching TO SKIN who want a little body and some flexibility.

Also with a freestyle ventilation on lace the hair is more natural in that to goes the way you comb it. With skin the way it's injected is thw way it is forever - unless you have long hair in which case the weight of the length will allow one to part the hair anywhere. But no one really wears it that long. If one wants shorter style buzz cuts that spike a little it is not a good idea to go with skin. JMHO

I think the poofy will calm down in your piece in the attachment after two washes.

Like was stated earlier... if you are not showing hairline and don't mind an edge or occasional ripple because of the rigidness of skin (hidden by the combdown), and you change every 4 days when it is hot you should have no problem - especially with the stink, cheese and irritation some get from lack of scalp breathibility from wearing too long for their body chemistry.

If you want a bit more flexibility and breathability with a natural looking front that is not a combdown coupled with stylability, it's a little more work but it's worth it the lace.

You seem perhaps new to lace. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts after wearing for a few weeks, having switched from skin. Thanks in advance.