Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ultimate backup
08-19-2008, 02:24 AM,
An ultimate backup
I am really sick of the glue, it stick to my hair when i do my maintenance and I lose a lot of hair. Sometime, I also want to give my scalp a break.. i mean, I hate attaching to the scalp all the time... so last night I came up with an idea...

on the days that I am just goofing in the house or only going out for grocery, maybe I should wear a one-day system so that my scalp can rest as much as possible... in fact, if I can use clip that will be better.

This is my current design:
- FRENCH LACE, a bit bigger base
- POLY-AL'ROUND
- SYNTHETIC HAIR (to avoid drying out, shedding)
- CLIPS INSTALLATION on side and back (front will use white tape)

Anybody have used something like that before?
08-19-2008, 06:03 AM,
Re: An ultimate backup
SOme do that.. some even use got2b glued, which is a powerful hairspray.. I have used it myself.. it will give u a 1 to 2 day hold if u attach it right. and taking it off and cleaning is as simple as rinsing it off
08-19-2008, 06:40 AM,
I used clips in my earliest pieces. Clips do contribute to traction alopecia due to the stress the clips put on the side hair. I'd recommend using the tape all around instead of the clips.
08-19-2008, 10:57 AM,
I've posted this before....

Go bald for a day or two wearing a bandana or a hat. I do it all the time. In fact I'm bald right now. After sleeping bald I find that my head is really oily because I released 12 -16 hours earler with chemicals and 99% and whatnot. My head reacts by producing oil. That morning I wash my head, no 99%, and I get a super attachment. Plus my head likes getting a day's rest.

When I have a girlfriend she knows I wear, obviously, and when I worked in an office I would need to wear so I would go bald Saturday night or early Sunday morning and attach on Monday before work. She knew why I was wearing the bandana. OR instead of going a whole day bald release 5,6,7, PM and sleep in the bandana - this way your head at least gets 12 hour of freedom. JMHO.

LIke Dino says, traction alopecia with clips. A TL wearer I know very well had me do his template. He had holes all around where the clips were. That hair ain't never growing back and it caused a 1" extra shave job all the way around, hence a much bigger base.
08-22-2008, 02:39 AM,
I had a PSB skin system that I used for this purpose, I could slap it on with G2BG in a matter of a minute or two. It would hold fine for one day, I just used a comb down style and didn't worry about the hairline. I also used clips for a short time when I first started wearing. IMO, using clips with a topper system is more prone to causing traction alopecia or irritation in general. Because the clips are somewhere near the middle or top of your head, and the topper has to stretch a bit between them. The only reason I used them was to attach without shaving underneath.

I just got one of the new very thin skin systems, unfortunately G2BG doesn't hold well at all with it for me. I will probably get another "old style" skin system for this purpose, I really like having the security of knowing I can throw it on and be ready to go in a minute or two - that is, if I'm lounging around bald and something comes up, an unexpected visitor or whatever. I do like leaving the system off for a day or two, just wear a ball cap.

I don't know about using synthetic hair, I've never tried it but I don't care for the look of wigs that I've seen in person that are synthetic. I think it depends on how it matches your own hair texture and color, one guy here was using it and posted pics that looked very good. Remember also that synthetic knots can't be bleached.