Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHICH DO YOU USE ?
08-22-2008, 11:12 AM,
WHICH DO YOU USE ?
hi guys..my searching is off..since new home here..which consealers do you guys like. ? which is best for sweating alot ? need to get some,thanks guys
08-22-2008, 01:20 PM,
Re: WHICH DO YOU USE ?
Dermmatch is the best for sweating, as even water doesn't remove it. I.e., you can take a shower and stays on your scalp. (It does come off with shampoo.)
08-22-2008, 01:56 PM,
thank you for the reply...now yrs back I use a scalp color cream..to darken the scalp..is that what that is ? or is it more like the stuff that makes hair seem thicker ?
08-23-2008, 02:25 AM,
Prothik and Toppick are great ...
but you have to use a hair spray to seal it
08-23-2008, 07:16 PM,
rocky0147 Wrote:thank you for the reply...now yrs back I use a scalp color cream..to darken the scalp..is that what that is ? or is it more like the stuff that makes hair seem thicker ?

DermMatch is like shoe polish that you apply to your scalp with a foam applicator. It is water-proof, but it doesn't really make the hair seem thicker. It does a bit if you get some on you hair, but it looks kind of funny if you have too much in your hair.

Toppik makes your hair look thicker and darkens the scalp, and is superior to DermMatch for the top of your head and for the hair line, but if you apply it to your hair line, and you sweat a lot, you'll end up with rivers of green pouring down your forehead. If you don't sweat, or you don't have to worry about the hair line, Toppik is vastly superior to DermMatch, though it does take a fair amount of practice to apply near the hair line.

For the side of your head, Toppik is no good, but DermMatch works fine, though it takes some time to apply. I imagine the sprays, like Prothik are easier to apply. I haven't tried Prothik spray myself, but I have tried Fullmore spray, and I found that it makes a mess of my bathroom, and that the color match is not good. Any discrepancy is very noticeable since it coats all of your hair, while Toppik, and DermMatch attach more to the scalp and roots, which makes color descrapancies not so much of an issue.
08-24-2008, 11:08 AM,
SINCE its the top of my head mostly...which is best for sweating ??
thanks again
*hairline n sides is fine
08-24-2008, 12:32 PM,
Toppik is the best for the top of your head, unless you sweat too much. Then DermMatch will be better.

Get some of each, and if you end up with Toppik running down your face due to too much sweat, then switch to DermMatch.

You will also need some hair spray to use with the Toppik, as the Toppik will not stay on your head or head unless stuck there with hair spray.
08-24-2008, 01:04 PM,
i sweat alot..so prob derma..where can I get it ?
08-24-2008, 03:16 PM,
rocky0147 Wrote:i sweat alot..so prob derma..where can I get it ?

Google "DermMatch".
08-25-2008, 10:21 AM,
I kind of disagree with darius about dermmatch,, unless they changed the formula. then I retract my statements. Its basically like makeup. but colored black. I use it, its nice for fine touch ups and such.. u have good control over how much u want to use. However, i do not find it water resistant or rub resistant. It comes off pretty easily.> I could never take a shower with that stuff on and it not coming completely off.. If u want somethiong thats a little more rub resistant and water proof i would go with prothik