Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a call from a Farrell customer in Singapore
01-02-2010, 06:36 AM,
Got a call from a Farrell customer in Singapore
Yesterday I got a call from a former Farrell customer that lives in Singapore. He bought 2 Farrell systems for $6,000. He went to London to pick them up since 'the master-Richard Farrell' was in London and would do the attachment and cutin. Including travel expenses this man spent over $12,000. Then he searched on the net to find a less expense supplier. He tried a Toplace unit not expecting much because the price is so low----'you get what you pay for, right?' Well, he was very pleasantly surprised when he got his Toplace unit. He is no longer a customer of Richard Farrell. He's a Toplace customer. Love to hear these stories.
Regards,
John
01-02-2010, 10:26 AM,
Re: Got a call from a Farrell customer in Singapore
God Bless TOPLACE...And I sincerely mean that, you guys make it possible for a working class guy to look like a million bucks!
01-02-2010, 05:16 PM,
I paid close to $5000 for a couple of Farrell systems in 02 and my Toplace systems are made just like them. Actually my Toplace systems look even better. I was just about to order 2 more Farrells when I found Toplace what a Godsend that was. Big Grin

KenJJ
01-02-2010, 06:11 PM,
Ken,
I think alot of people are hesitant to order from Toplace because they believe 'you get what you pay for.' This is true most of the time but not always. Richard Farrell has no 'proprietary secrets' on how to make a hair system although he tells that to everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a factory in China. It's always rewarding to see orders from people that normally wouldn't even consider a custom hair piece because they feel the price is beyond their means and they just couldn't afford it.
Regards,
John
01-02-2010, 08:20 PM,
John like most who've never purchased a system from online I was pretty skeptical a few years ago as to the quality of the systems from Toplace because of the low price. I figured for such a low price I had nothing to lose considering I was spending thousands on hair. I couldn't imagine a hair system so inexpensive duplicating what Farrell was offering for $2500 a piece but these Toplace systems do. I was amazed when I got my first Toplace system in the mail. I immediately compared it to my Farrells and they were made virtually the same way. Like you said there's no secrets out there it's hair knotted into a lace base. The hair quality was the same. The lace on the Toplace was actually thinner than Farrells lace. The hairlines were identical and the system fit perfectly and all I did was mail in a template I molded myself. Tongue I feel sorry for the guys who are getting taken by Farrell because I've been there but some think that you have to pay incredible prices to achieve a natural look. As I've seen for the past 6 years that's not the case.

KenJJ
01-03-2010, 01:06 AM,
Ken,
The lace on our bases are thinner because they ARE lace. Farrell uses a fine mono base (yesterday's technology) with a lace front but tells people that the units are all lace. Just to change the lace front on a Farrell unit is $395 plus S&H. He claims that his units last 5-7 years. The fine mono bases are the only thing that will last that long. What he doesn't tell you is that you will have send the unit back for hair replacements um-teen times. I've said this before on this forum....we can get you a fine mono base at no extra charge but why keep adding old hair to new hair...why not just get a whole new system when you need it?
Regards,
John
01-03-2010, 01:33 AM,
Farrell and Hair Club and others are only intrested it getting you to give them all your money. They double talk, hide the fact that you are getting a hair piece glued to your head. My experience with a club is that you see a lot of nice pictures, but when you realize they are in good lighting, at a good angle, and the hair is styled PERFECTLY without the reality of wind and sunlight, it is easy to think you will look like the picture. They will not put the same effort of making you happy as they did to get you to sign up. I have a hair piece from Toplace now that looks better than anything I have had in the past. I feel that it is as undetectable as I have ever experienced. I learned how to correct the problems I had with their hair pieces (the hair clubs) from the forum here. When I told my past super expensive salon that the color was off, the hair felt dry, the texture was off, they tried to sell me one of their crappy products that did not work as well as the products recommended from the fellow hair wearers in here. If where I was going to before simply did someting to give me what they sold me "an Undetectable Hair System", I would have continued to deal with them. It was never about the money to me, it was about the result and I hated the result. Now I know for them, it was about the money. It's funny but if they had the real experience and knew half what I know now, they would know how to satisfy the clients that they currently have. All that money and they can't even figure out how to do the job they are supposed to be experts in. I don't think these places will have the grip on hair weares for very long, with the ease of the internet and finding out that you CAN find out the secrets they wont tell you, it way to easy to figure it out for yourself and drop them from you life like a bad relationship....
01-03-2010, 01:52 PM,
I have to say though.
The Farrell website is pretty cool. I guess charging 5 Gs for 2 systems can enable you to have an insane website.
I liked his latest video of this magician's hairline. It looks insanely undetectable. I think they used white glue or something.
You should be able to achieve this with a toplace though right?

On another note, do you all use scalloped fronts? Does it make much of a difference for you to avoid the blunt edge of a tape?

Thanks,
balamouti.
01-04-2010, 12:00 AM,
Balamouti,
You ca achieve the same look and better with a Toplace system. Reason, the Farrell hair system is fine mono with a lace front--that's why the hairline looks so great. Toplace uses all lace (although we can get you a fine mono base if you want it). Lace is undetectable so why not use it for the entire unit and not just the front? As for scalloped fronts, it's really not necessary. We can do it and there's no extra charge for a scalloped front. But our fronts are staggered and graduated from the factory in order to give a natural and realistic appearance. A scalloped front adds nothing visually and makes it more difficult to attach the front since you're dealing with many zig-zags to attach securely. Dealing with those tiny scallops and getting them all bonded is a pain in the butt. It's much easier to attach a straight front where positioning the tape/glue is easier to get right up to the front hairline for an undetectable attachment.
Regards,
John
01-07-2010, 09:44 AM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:Balamouti,
You ca achieve the same look and better with a Toplace system. Reason, the Farrell hair system is fine mono with a lace front--that's why the hairline looks so great. ....
Regards,
John

John lace is better than fine mono right?