Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glue seeping into your front hairline
08-25-2008, 07:18 AM,
Glue seeping into your front hairline
For those who expose a full frontal hairline, what do you do when and if any glue seeps into the hair. This causes it to clump together a bit and look like doll hair.

I don't have to worry about this so much, as I don't do a full exposure of my front hairline, but I do have to worry about it a bit. I've tried spraying 99% onto a fine tooth comb and combing the glue out, but small clumps of hair still make it through the fine tooth comb. Should I be using a lice comb?

Perhaps it is possible to use adhesive solvent on the little clumps of hair, but then there is the risk that the solvent creeps down into the lace and ruins the bond.
08-26-2008, 03:00 AM,
Re: Glue seeping into your front hairline
The only way that I've found that works is to soak the system in DeSolvit, or GooGone, for a few hours or overnight if possible.
08-26-2008, 04:49 AM,
i have only used glue once and i think your problem is because your layer of glue is too thick
if you do a few of very very thin layer of glue, that shouldnt be a problem

as for the advice above, its more for your cleanup and maintenance
08-26-2008, 05:11 AM,
this is what I do

1. Spray 99% alcohol on the hair

(dont leave it too long. It is very bad for the hair)

Immediately use a bath towel and rub the hair ( like after having a bath) but only in one direction at a time (otherwise the hair will clump)
08-28-2008, 06:39 AM,
If I get glue in my hair, the only thing that seems to work is DeSolvit. Alcohol doesn't help me much at all.
08-29-2008, 04:00 AM,
I use a quetip dipped in olive oil.
You could also use Desolv-it.