Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the purpose of keeping some lace at front of piece?
08-26-2008, 08:43 PM,
What is the purpose of keeping some lace at front of piece?
Hello all, I am about to go get my second piece cut in and i rememebr last time my stylist cut it right up to the hair. However people always say leave an 8th of an inch in front of the hairline, is this the right length to leave??

anyway i wanted to ask what is the purpose of leaving this bit in front of the lace? is it to help align it, i.e. easier to draw with a pencil around the outline of the front? thanks for any help
08-27-2008, 07:30 AM,
Re: What is the purpose of keeping some lace at front of piece?
man I dont like this forum as much as the old one, people replied quicker there lol!
08-27-2008, 03:13 PM,
I like to leave 1/8th of an inch of lace so you don't just start with a wall of hair.
its a personal choice though, if you don't like it, you don't have to leave it.
when its glued down it is invisible.
DebbieS.
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM,
One good thing, is that it extends the life of your piece - the lace at the front will fray, but if you have excess, you can trim it off and you have a perfect, non-frayed front Smile

If you don't have excess lace, once it frays you can't do anything. It will then start to eat into your hairline and make it looks a little "messier"...
08-28-2008, 12:15 AM,
debbie and mr burns, do you keep excess lace at sides and back as well or only at front?

also- if i have 1 8th of an inch on the front and then use tape instead of glue will the tape not be visible? thanks for any input
08-28-2008, 03:38 AM,
Just the front. It doesn't matter too much if the sides fray. And if it's #64, it won't fray Smile
08-30-2008, 05:27 AM,
i have a big problem doing this properly

when i apply the glue or tape, the extra lace in front are stick when i touch it... because the lace is so breathable... anybody has this problem ?
08-30-2008, 11:24 AM,
emery,

use thin layers of glue - very thin. Apply with a makeup wedge.

before applying the glue lay the pice on your head and line it all up. mark the front where the lace meets your forehead with your fingernail. the apply the glue using the nail impression as your guide. Once the piece is attached if there is any glue up fron of the lace try and clean it up with 99% on a q-tip.