Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice for a future hair system wearer
01-02-2010, 11:25 AM,
advice for a future hair system wearer
Hi to everybody,

This is the first time i'm writing here. I dont know if there are guys from France. Well, I am. Maybe the first one ?
Anyway, i started to search alot of informations about hair systems 2 months ago, learnt alot but still have some questions and guess i'll have some again as they come to me.

The most important ones are :
- What kind of hair system should i wear (the base i mean) as i tend to sweat especially in summer ?
- I've got natural oily skin too. Is that an issue for attachement for instance ? both sweat and oily skin are not the best to make things going easy isnt it ?
Are there any people with oily skin and sweat here and can you tell me about what i should do ? I wouldnt like to make a mistake for the first time in buying the wrong hair system.
- What about the knots ? I'm brown haired, and i often see that knots are bleached only in the front line area ? What about the rest of the hair system ? a bit scared the knots are visible on brown hair.

-I think i wont be showing the front line too much, is SFS okay for that ? anyway, howerer i show it or not, i'd like the best for the front line which is the most important to me.
- My skin is rather brown as i have italian roots, and i wonder if the white color of lace wont be too visible on a mat skin. i've heard there was different of lace colors.
it would be so helpful and kind of you to answer to me. it's being very hard to me to lose 200 hairs a day since April, i'm not bald yet, only the front part is being thinner and thinner, and a little the back too, but things are going so fast that i must think of wearing a hair system from NOW.
Thanks alot for your answers and support.

Anthony
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM,
Re: advice for a future hair system wearer
Bonne nouvelle annee Anthony. I am not aware that there have been any french posters on this forum, although you cannot always tell. Lots of Germans and Dutch. Anyway, I hope an answer from a brit will be acceptable!

You are doing the right thing immersing yourself in the archives of these forums before you do anything. They contain a huge wealth of know-how. Taking your questions in turn:

- What kind of hair system should i wear (the base i mean) as i tend to sweat especially in summer ?

Go for a lace base, either french lace (slightly more hard-wearing but slightly less fine) or swiss lace (SFS - slightly less durable but slightly finer). Most people would recommend french lace for complete beginners, because it is stiffer, and therefore slightly easier to put on, and but still pretty undetectable. If money is not a problem, buy one of each, so that you can see the difference. Most full-time wearers eventually end up with swiss lace after a while.

- I've got natural oily skin too. Is that an issue for attachement for instance ? both sweat and oily skin are not the best to make things going easy isnt it ?
Are there any people with oily skin and sweat here and can you tell me about what i should do ? I wouldnt like to make a mistake for the first time in buying the wrong hair system.

I don't think it will be a problem - the tapes and glues available are very good. It may mean that you will need to prepare your scalp more rigorously before you put your hairpiece on - removing all oils with alcohol, and perhaps using an anti-perspirant. It may also mean that you have to remove and re-attach more regularly than someone with less oily skin. Everyone is different, and you will need to experiment. But it is very unlikely to mean that a hairpiece will not work for you at all. I have fairly oily skin, and I keep my system on for 7 days at a time with no problem.

One thing you might want to consider is a poly strip running around the back and sides of your piece. This makes for better adhesion (because poly is a better surface than lace for glue and tape to stick to). It also keeps the piece in shape, which makes it easier to put on. The downside is that it is more detectable to feel. That may not matter if you are married, but could be a problem if you are dating.

- What about the knots ? I'm brown haired, and i often see that knots are bleached only in the front line area ? What about the rest of the hair system ? a bit scared the knots are visible on brown hair.

Usually the front is enough, unless your system is going to be very low density (say below 60%). You can't see the knots through the hair. However, I believe you can request that the knots on the whole system are bleached, if this is a particular concern.

-I think i wont be showing the front line too much, is SFS okay for that ? anyway, howerer i show it or not, i'd like the best for the front line which is the most important to me.

SFS is the finest grade of lace, and therefore the most undetectable and the best for an exposed hairline. If you are not planning to expose your hairline much, you could opt for the less fine and more hard-wearing french lace.

- My skin is rather brown as i have italian roots, and i wonder if the white color of lace wont be too visible on a mat skin. i've heard there was different of lace colors.

Yes, there are several different colours of lace. You should specify that you have Mediterranean-type skin when you order, or even send a photo in.

I hope that is helpful. The forum is a bit sluggish at the moment, but you are welcome to email me with any further qs at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Ted
01-11-2010, 02:11 AM,
Hi Edward,

Thanks alot for your reply and happy new year to you too.
Well i dont know if there are french posters on this forum. Never seen some anyway. I guess I'm the only one lol...
Yes, i've been immersing myself in the topic for months.

About glue, well, i've heard it stinks after a few days. If i sweat and got oily skin, i'm afraid glue is not the right thing for me. I should rather choose tape, dont u think so ?

About the color of lace as i've got mediterranean skin, i've never seen on any site internet the choice of lace when you order a hair system. This worries me a little. Imagine how visible white lace will be on my tanned scalp in summer. About summer and sun, i know that the hairpiece is going to clear with the sun, because of oxydation, does this happen quickly ? Maybe i should order one with highlights, but i'm brown haired (1B/2) i'm not sure it's a good idea.

I got grey hair too, about 10% i guess, and i dont know if i should order a hair system with the same percentage of grey hair. is that human grey hair on a piece ? can we color it ? cause i'd prefer to color my hair and the piece with the same color, but there might be a problem with knots even if i've seen that we can do it ourselves, being very careful not to damage the piece.

Anyway thank you for giving me your email, be sure i'll use it cause i'll surely have questions again.
Have a nice Sunday !

Anthony
02-04-2010, 01:03 AM,
Hello Anthony!

Je suis français aussi, je n'utilise pas encore de produit toplace mais porte un complément récemment posé dans un institut. Si tu as envie que l'on échange nos expériences respectives cela sera avec grand plaisir. Je te dis à bientôt.

PS: I just hope it is allowed to answer in an other language than english, if it's not sorry in advance guys, I'll answer next time in english. This post was just for greeting my french mate!! We are rare here!
02-08-2010, 06:59 AM,
Slt Stef, merci pour ton post, peut-être aurais-tu un email où je peux t'écrire ?