Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
99% Alcohol Again
08-30-2008, 08:19 AM,
99% Alcohol Again
Gents, as a newbie I intend to use Isopropyl Alcohol 99% from Amazon as a adhesive and lace releaser, so is there such a thing as the wrong 99% type of alcohol? Will the one I intend to use do? That Isopropyl thing kinda threw me off a bit, that's why I'm postin'.

And for you gents that travel by commercial air, and given that this stuff is kinda forbidden on planes (in checked luggage), do you guys leave it behind? Camouflage it, or use something different instead? Thanks in advance.
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM,
Re: 99% Alcohol Again
I've carried it on many flights and not had a problem. Just as long as it's in a 2 ounce bottle no one has questioned me. And if they did restrict it you could just buy some when you reach your destination (99% is great but can be hard to find--use 91% it takes takes just a little longer to disolve the adhesive).
Regards,
John
08-30-2008, 01:24 PM,
Don't they check your stuff when it's part of your "carry-on" baggage? If you check-in your baggage (leaving your stuff with the airline, then retrieving it at the baggage claim) then it shouldn't be a problem.

Leamon
09-01-2008, 07:34 AM,
Put it in an unlabeled bottle, and no one is going to know or care. If someone asks, tell them it's rubbing alcohol. If you can carry aftershave, you can carry rubbing alcohol, as aftershave is nothing but scented rubbing alcohol.