Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this hair lenght long enough?
08-31-2008, 07:36 AM,
Is this hair lenght long enough?
Guys, here's my photo:
[Image: eb7695f3757bdd4caf70e6518bd5365d.jpg]

What do you think about the lenght of my own hair? Is it long enough to blend with HP hair? I grew it for 1 month, but i will return to the university on the next week so i don't have time anymore.
How should i cut my HP in bearing in mind that my hair on the sides and back is short?
08-31-2008, 09:09 AM,
Re: Is this hair lenght long enough?
I honestly dont think your hair is long enough for a piece mate, some of the experts have short styles but they are experts at attachment and they still have longer hair around the areas they will be blending, I think you need to grow your hair at least another month and ideally another 2 months. Just my opnion though, others may tell you different. wear a hat when your back at uni if you are worried about growing it
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM,
homer Wrote:I honestly dont think your hair is long enough for a piece mate, some of the experts have short styles but they are experts at attachment and they still have longer hair around the areas they will be blending, I think you need to grow your hair at least another month and ideally another 2 months. Just my opnion though, others may tell you different. wear a hat when your back at uni if you are worried about growing it
Wow, it's really bad for me because i can't wear a hat at university Sad
And i can't cut classes for 1 or 2 months as well...
08-31-2008, 05:46 PM,
Have you considered going full cap?

Or maybe even just buying a wig to tide you over, though it's hard to find ones that don't look kind of funky.

I have an acquaintance who I'm pretty sure is wearing just a wig, but to tell you the truth, I couldn't tell you for sure.
08-31-2008, 06:11 PM,
Darius Wrote:Have you considered going full cap?
I will switch to a Full Cap, but it won't be here tommorow, unfortunately Sad
I sent my FC template just 2 weeks ago.

Quote:Or maybe even just buying a wig to tide you over, though it's hard to find ones that don't look kind of funky.
Yes, these wigs look very unnatural, i think there are a lot more chances to be busted with a wig rather than with a Toplace hairpiece even with short sides and back hair.

I'll buy hair clippers with 40 mm guard today and try to do my own haircut :?
08-31-2008, 07:00 PM,
Toplace is now carrying stock full caps, if I recall correctly. I don't know how well those work out, but you might ask them.
09-03-2008, 06:02 PM,
I cut it in and now it looks pretty good. I'll post pics later.
And i have to say that this new Thinnest Skin Available base is perfect! I can't even feel the edge and it fits my head perfectly. On my previous pieces i had big wrinkles, but now i haven't it.
The only issue is that i can't get strong attachment. I use BaseBond but it constantly comes unstuck Sad
May i use ST-30 on this base?
09-04-2008, 12:54 AM,
I wouldn't recommend using ST 30 tape on that thin base. Glue is better. ST 30 is strong and it will be difficult to remove the unit without stretching or tearing the base. Trying using 2 coats of glue and see if that helps.
Regards,
John
09-04-2008, 07:06 AM,
Becks,

-Do you mean you cut the hairpiece in and your current hair length turned out to be long enough?

-Did you cut it in yourself? How did the blending go?

I have the same worry, I want to wear but currently have my hair very short. I don't know how I'd be able to let it grow for 2+ months without me looking scruffy. 1 month ok, 2 months not.

PS - if u could post photos that would b so cool...
09-05-2008, 04:40 PM,
Becks Wrote:What do you think about the lenght of my own hair? Is it long enough to blend with HP hair? I grew it for 1 month, but i will return to the university on the next week so i don't have time anymore.
How should i cut my HP in bearing in mind that my hair on the sides and back is short?

Beck, here are some photos in the forum with someone who got really creative with short hair. But you need to blend it well. Hope this gives you some hope.

Leamon

[Image: JK1A.jpg]
[Image: JK2A.jpg]