Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three week hold with Perma Rite #15 glue!
08-31-2008, 04:33 PM,
Three week hold with Perma Rite #15 glue!
I'm here to report back on my latest experience with Perma Rite #15 glue. For my latest attachment I got three weeks of hold!

I did have to do occasional touch-ups, for which I used Coolpiece ORWG. (I use that because it seems to work, and it only needs a single coat, rather than three.)

Some caveats about the Perma Rite glue: (1) Apparently if you don't wait a day or so before showering your head, it will ruin the bond. Three weeks ago, the bond didn't even last a day, because I attached the unit and then dyed by side hair. I then had to wash the dye out of my hair, and that ruined the bond. (2) It requires three not-too-thin coats. (3) After two weeks, glue started seeping into my front hairs, causing a bit of clumping. This isn't so bad for me because I gel my hair forward, and so don't have a terribly exposed hairline. I think I could have managed to unclump the hair with some olive oil and a lice comb, but I just got creative with gel instead.

This glue seems hard to find at the moment. I know that Debbie is looking into carrying it, if she can and if there is enough demand. In the meantime, if other people want to try out this new glue, you might email Maureen <[email protected]>, and ask her if she'll sell you a bottle. Alas, it's not cheap.
08-31-2008, 11:53 PM,
Re: Three week hold with Perma Rite #15 glue!
for the heck of it I looked it up..and found it..$70 a bottle..whoa !
09-01-2008, 01:08 AM,
Found it for $23.50, small bottle @

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.discounthairsystems.com">www.discounthairsystems.com</a><!-- w -->

out of Toronto , Canada

clicked on "view products"...........and there it was.

Check it out.....

johnny/abq Big Grin
09-01-2008, 06:12 AM,
70 FREAKEN BUCKS FOR A BOTTLE OF GLUE !!
HUH !!!!!

For 70 bucks a bottle ... I better get the mutha of
contact highs .... and it better come wrapped in
a Tiffany case ....

I know it is good for sex ... because at 70 bucks
a bottle ... someone is certainly getting screwed ! Smile
09-01-2008, 07:15 AM,
The $70 bottle is probably a big bottle. (Actually, I just checked and it is -- 5 oz. That's probably enough to last a year or two!)

I do pay $29 for a small (1.3 oz bottle) from Maureen, which is twice the price of most hairpiece glues. But if I only have to attach once every two or three weeks, it's well worth the money for me. It's been a couple months, and I still have plenty left in my first bottle, so the per month the cost is reasonable.

Another thing to make sure is that you get #15. #14 or #13, etc., are not the same!

P.S. The actual web site is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.discounthairsystems.com">http://www.discounthairsystems.com</a><!-- m -->. They charge $69 for a 5oz bottle and $23.50 for the 1.3oz bottle. $69 for 5 oz of a good glue is not terribly outrageous. Well, of course, it is compared to Elmer's, but what's the cost of your time? You can't get that back!

You would of course only buy the $23 bottle until you are pretty damn sure that this is your one glue of choice.