Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One styling, three days
08-31-2008, 04:56 PM,
One styling, three days
Before I started wearing, when I woke up in the morning, my hair was in 1,000 different directions, and I'd have to take a shower just to make my hair look decent.

Since wearing, I use gel, and I discover that when I wake up from my satin-pillowcased slumbers, my hair is just like it was the night before, and as long as I don't wet my hair in the shower, I don't have to do much to it at all. It turns out that I can go two or three days like this, which saves me a lot of effort now in the morning.
09-01-2008, 04:42 AM,
Re: One styling, three days
Styling products are a hairwearers best friend. They can make the difference between a good looking hair system and a great one. Sometimes I think some wearers are afraid to use anything in their hair because they like the conservative look, but if you use a little bit of wax or gel in the right way you aren't going to look like a lead singer for new punk band, and it will assist with the color, blend, texture, and of course control issues as you mentioned.

I see a lot of systems that would go from good to terrific if they were to use product.

Back when I wore my topper I would have been horrified to step out of the house without something in my hair. I can get away with a lot more with my full cap, but IMO a little product just puts the icing on the cake.
09-01-2008, 06:02 AM,
Wondering about that ...
Just wondering about that ... if it holds true when
you're just wearing a 'topper'

not a full piece ....

I see a lot of guys in NYC who look like they just
plopped this perfect hair piece over a rat's nest ...
in other words ....their real hair ....

It must take some work in the morning ... ...
especially since some guys may have naturally curly hair
which they must straighten ... while their piece contains
remi straight hair that might have a marginal
body wave in it ...

BTW: This newbie gets his first styling ever (piece) at
the convention from Debbie .... So you can be there
and watch me in abject horror as Debbie shaves my
remaining hair from my scalp and glues a cat's butt to my head ...

I just hope I don't also wake up the next morning
naked ....wearing nothing but black fishnet stockings
and clutching a collection of CHER cds .... Smile
09-01-2008, 07:26 AM,
Quote:I see a lot of guys in NYC who look like they just plopped this perfect hair piece over a rat's nest ... in other words ....their real hair ....

Hmmm, I style my hairpiece hair to be "messy", but messy in a good way. And I keep my natural hair a lot shorter so that it can't really be messy. Messy on top and shorter on the sides looks pretty reasonable, if you ask me.

Ironically, after experimenting with some dye mixtures yesterday, I have finally managed to get a perfect color and texture match between my hairpiece hair and my natural hair (I think the shinyness of the remy hair also has lessened over two months of use), so in theory I don't have to mask the differences with styling products. But now I have absolutely no idea how to get the hairpiece hair to behave itself without the styling products.... And as my natural hair and the hairpiece hair respond to styling products differently, I still end up with the same issue.

A newbie's work is never done!
09-01-2008, 08:09 AM,
Darius Wrote:
Quote:I see a lot of guys in NYC who look like they just plopped this perfect hair piece over a rat's nest ... in other words ....their real hair ....

Hmmm, I style my hairpiece hair to be "messy", but messy in a good way. And I keep my natural hair a lot shorter so that it can't really be messy. Messy on top and shorter on the sides looks pretty reasonable, if you ask me.

That's the beauty of styling products.

Instead of the piece hair looking messy and your real hair looking neat (or vice-versa), add a little wax to make them blend.

When you try to comb regular hairpiece hair into your own hair without the help of something that adds texture and makes hairs "stick together", any difference in color, blend, texture, shine, etc. will be evident to a certain degree. Product just eases the transition.
09-02-2008, 08:31 AM,
This reminds me -- I always wondered how James Bond was able to jump out of airplanes, kill off armies of fembots, and prevent global thermonuclear destruction, all without messing up his hair.

The answer is clear: Sean Connery wore a hairpiece and he used gel. His hair wasn't going anywhere!