Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been lurking for a while...
09-01-2008, 04:02 AM,
I've been lurking for a while...
Hello Guys,

Very first post - I've been lurking here for about half a year now, and have decided to post.

I have been wearing a hair system for close to three years now - I am 23. My hair is cut in by an industry professional, and a very famous name in the hairdressing scene; he also orders my systems, however I think it's now time for a change.

The systems that I see you guys wearing are simply second to none - the hair lines, density and crown are absolutely fantastic. The systems that I wear are okay, but he always seems to order ones that are just too thick, even though I ask for lower density, he always says that I don't need it...

I am not comfortable cutting my own hair, and would now like to find a stylist who will do a template for me, consult me on density, style, crown, wave etc,and who will cut my system in and do regular hair cuts.

I live in Surrey, England, so would preferably like to have someone in the South East of England - would any of you be able to recommend?

I will then of course order one of BA's truly exceptional looking systems.

Many Thanks,

Jazzy

PS - I really want a system that blows in the wind and has really separate strands, not ones that look like lego hair!
09-01-2008, 09:29 AM,
Re: I've been lurking for a while...
I am not comfortable cutting my own hair, and would now like to find a stylist who will do a template for me, consult me on density, style, crown, wave etc,and who will cut my system in and do regular hair cuts.

post a picture of your side and back hair and the people of the forum can advise you on all of the above
09-01-2008, 07:34 PM,
Jazzy

I live in London and I order through toplace. I get my pieces sent through to Debbie to cut in (send a pic of the style you would like).

Once it arrives via post, I then go tgo a place in Victoria called Neo to get my hair cut and they also do a bit more blending on the ends. Ask for an appointment with Steve as he is very good stylist and blender.

53 Gillingham Street, Victoria
London, SW1V 1PS
Telephone
020 7828 2724

Not sure if thery will help you out with template, density etc. BA will be able to advise on all this and Debbie does have a template kit you can order. Alternatively, your current stylist will have a template for you, can you just get that?
Hope this helps
09-02-2008, 11:41 PM,
I'm heading overseas very shortly and I will be based in London from November onwards, I would love to come back home with a piece because i've had a buzzed head for about 6 months now, but its now ridiculously thin. Given the short time before departure what are my options as for ordering a full cap system/getting it fitted/styled and how often would it need maintanence. Sorry about all the questions but i'm a little confused by the whole process. I would really like to get all this organised before I leave and im not sure how I would go about making or sending a template, what density is best and which style.
Is there anyone in the UK that can help in making a template and either ordering a piece or having some in stock. Cheers guys
09-03-2008, 12:23 AM,
Hi Phillips,
Here's the name of an excellent stylist in the UK. He doesn't have any stock but he can help you with the template and ordering specs:

Martin MacMillan UK stylist for templates, cut-ins, etc.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Regards,
John
09-03-2008, 11:19 PM,
Hey toplace USA, I'm about to send Martin an email, thanks for your help. Just to clarify when you say 'ordering specs' is that he will take measurements and help with the ordering process?
Cheers mate
09-04-2008, 12:57 AM,
Hi Phillips,
Yes, he'll take measurements and advise you on density, wave, style, etc. Martin is excellent.
Regards,
John