Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with looking like a 1960s greaseball?
09-01-2008, 09:19 AM,
How do you deal with looking like a 1960s greaseball?
Ever since I have started wearing a piece my sister who knows i wear always says i look like a greasball. This is because i use hair mouse to style my hair which makes it look greasy. however without using product piece hair looks dead usually and thus un-realistic.

SO- is there a solution to this problem? is there a gel that would make me look less greasy?? thanks for any help
09-01-2008, 09:49 AM,
Re: How do you deal with looking like a 1960s greaseball?
Well, you can style your hair so that it is messy, in which case even if it's shiny, it doesn't really look greasy -- it looks gelled.

There are also matte gels and "putties". I believe that all of Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree line are matte, but I haven't tried them much myself.

Also, there are probably matting hair sprays that you could apply over gel to dull it, but you'd have to ask someone else what those are.
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM,
The trick is to find the right product.

I have a cabinet full of stuff and I rotate different products out depending upon my mood. You have to experiment until you find stuff that works for you. Processed hair doesn't react the same as growing hair. I have probably thrown away twice as many products as I actually keep and use.

If you want something that gives you that kind of in between look, try a putty. Pay attention to the label. It will usually tell you what kind of finish it gives.
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM,
thanks for the replies, where do you guys buy your products from? sorry but its been over ten years since i used any hair products and dont really have a clue. Now i usually just go to the local shop and pick up what they have there which is probably not the best idea.
09-02-2008, 06:26 AM,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://groups.google.com/group/st30/web/supplies-faq">http://groups.google.com/group/st30/web/supplies-faq</a><!-- m -->