Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
always pulling my hair out when removing tape
09-09-2008, 03:46 AM,
always pulling my hair out when removing tape
Not sure what I am doing wrong but everytime when I try to remove the tape off the unit, I am removing massive hair off... this is very depressing for me Sad

I tried to use the lace release by debbie but it seems like when I take the system off, the tape still stick to the unit instead of my scalp
and of coz, when I tried to remove the tape off the unit, massive hair were pulled out in the process

dont think my unit can last 2 months... any help is much apperciated Sad
09-09-2008, 04:46 AM,
Re: always pulling my hair out when removing tape
I had the same problem with lace release....so now I just saturate the lace with 99% alcohol and let it do it's job and wait a few minutes and it usually peels right off....If I start to tug and it won't come away from scalp freely then I apply more 99%...also if the tape is still on the unit spray some 99% on the tape before you try to detach it from the unit...It should come off with no hairs attached. You also may want to get some knot sealer from Debbie...this helps a lot.
09-09-2008, 07:20 AM,
if you release correctly, the tape SHOULDN'T be on your lace at all, it should be stuck to your head!!
spray the LR down through the lace, rub it in, let it sit, spray some more on...give it time to work. THEN, AND ONLY THEN, gently lift the lace and the lace will have released from the tape, leaving the tape on your scalp.
clean the tape off your scalp with pure. when done correctly, there is no reason to be pulling tape off your system.
DebbieS.
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM,
first i cannot spray the thing right thru the lace because I am wearing like 80% and it is kinda thick on the side... i got poly on side and back too

secondly i usually replace ST-30 every 10 -14 days and the bonding on the scalp side already break down... so it is almost like a easy lift to remove it... but the side attaching the lace is still in-tact... you know what i mean? that makes the process much more difficult
09-09-2008, 01:45 PM,
Hi Emery,
First off, 80% is A LOT of hair. You need to have very dense sides and back to blend with that density. And with that density you need to get the lace release/alcolhol get down to the lace--maybe an eye dropper would help to get the liquids down into the lace. As Debbie said you need to let the lace remover/alcohol do it's job of losing the adhsive. Give it time. If the tape is coming off your scalp first you might need to give your scalp a better cleaning so that the tape/glue adhere stronger. If the scalp isn't thoroughly cleaned then the strength of your attachment will be compromised. Or it could just be that your body chemistry doesn't work with that tape and you need to experiment and try something else.
Regards,
John
09-09-2008, 04:14 PM,
If you can't release with 99% for whatever reasons, you can always release with Pure or De-Solv-It, and probably with olive or peanut oil too. But then you have to wash the Pure or De-Solv-It (or olive or peanut oil) out of the system, which is something of a pain.
09-09-2008, 08:53 PM,
if hair is to thick to spray........use medicine dropper to add lace release/alcohol..works great..
09-17-2008, 04:32 AM,
i find lace releace works better then 99% in this case..i guess its the oil in it
bob/philly Big Grin