Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it isopropyl alcohol that we can use as lace release?
09-16-2008, 09:01 PM,
Is it isopropyl alcohol that we can use as lace release?
I bought a container of alcohol a while ago from a site- the one i have is isopropanol alcohol. However today i went back on the site and found that they only sell isopropyl alcohol. so my question is can this be used as well to release lace from head etc? Thanks for any help
09-17-2008, 02:19 AM,
Re: Is it isopropyl alcohol that we can use as lace release?
Hi Homer,
Yes, Homer, that's the stuff. Lace release is basically isopropyl alcohol. I used to be able to find 99% isopropyl alcohol on the local drugstore's shelf put it's become increasingly scare. That's o.k. because 91% works just fine--just takes a few seconds longer to do dissolve the adhesive. I've even used 70% and that works too--again it just takes a little longer to do it's job.
Regards,
John
09-17-2008, 07:24 AM,
thanks john
09-18-2008, 01:35 PM,
homer Wrote:I bought a container of alcohol a while ago from a site- the one i have is isopropanol alcohol. However today i went back on the site and found that they only sell isopropyl alcohol. so my question is can this be used as well to release lace from head etc? Thanks for any help
Isopropanol and isopropyl alcohol are just two different names for the same thing.

99% and 91% isopropyl alcohol are the most popular and cheapes lace releases.