Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't like SFS.
09-20-2008, 09:13 AM,
I don't like SFS.
Hi, i'm having a hard time with my SFS unit. Its just too fragile for me. I know it looks good but what do you guys recommend for a more durable base and front. I probable won't wear this SFS unit bc it's just too much work. Any recommendation for my next order would help.

thanks
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM,
Re: I don't like french SFS.
if I understand correctly, you have a french lace base with a sfs front on it???
how about an all frech lace piece. you get durability and darn near invisible on most skin colors.
DebbieS.
09-21-2008, 06:33 AM,
Re: I don't like french SFS.
I mean i got a SFS lace unit. It's too delicate for me. Looking for something that's easier to handle. Any body have experience with TL500?
09-21-2008, 12:02 PM,
Re: I don't like SFS.
That's the trade-off for the undetectability--SFS is delicate. I don't recommend Super Fine Swiss for newbies because if they're not careful and don't completely allow the adhesive to dissolve when removing they can rip the base. Try French lace next time--it disappears almost as well and is much stronger. Some customers prefer the TL 500 which is a 3" SFS front with a French lace base--it gives a great hairline but also has the strength of French lace.
Regards,
John
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM,
I'm not sure I understand why some people think that SFS is too delicate. I'm a newbie and I've never felt as if I've been in danger of ripping the unit.

I can see on the other hand, that some people might prefer more durability. I don't think that I can make my current units last more than three or four months. They've been cut down from a larger size, and so the edges start to fray after two months or so. I'm not sure if this is an issue if the unit is unit is custom and hasn't been cut to a smaller size, though. If the edges weren't fraying, I think I could make an SFS unit last even longer.
09-29-2008, 03:31 PM,
i think french is better for people using tape. ive noticed with sfs unless you realllly stretch the unit i always get a few little crinkles with st30 around the edges.
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM,
If I can remember correctly every single sfs piece I have had I have gotten a tear in it somehow.

That said, it has NEVER been an issue for me. If the hole is smaller than this Sad , I never even bothered to mess with it. I would just be careful with a brush or comb and that was that.

If the hole gets bigger than a pencil eraser I would grab the invisible thread and perform emergency surgery. Takes about 15 minutes and the problem is taken care of.
09-30-2008, 02:31 AM,
The most logical order then is all French lace if you want the piece from all one material.

I have worn every base design known to man and if you want a quick and easier application you should get one with some poly type of material on the back, sides, or both.