Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A QUESTION NO DOUBT ASKED MANY TIMES BEFORE
09-21-2008, 02:15 PM,
A QUESTION NO DOUBT ASKED MANY TIMES BEFORE
I have never worn any sort of piece. I've seen some of the amazing pictures of people with toplace pieces on this site. My question is simple - If you look really closely at someone with their hair brushed back, can you truly not see lace or an edge? As someone who has been thinning, I look very closely at every guy's hair and their hairline. I just can't believe that anyone I've seen with an exposed hairline is wearing cuz I'm sure I'd see something abnormal.... but then again, it sounds like from this forum I may be wrong.

I'm sure similar questions have been asked on this forum before, but would like to hear feedback.

Thank you.
09-21-2008, 05:51 PM,
Re: A QUESTION NO DOUBT ASKED MANY TIMES BEFORE
If done right, my newbie experience is that you can get a fully exposed hairline to look completely natural with no visible lace. On the other hand, I think doing so would require a lot of maintenance. I'm not sure how people do this without a lot of fussing every day, so personally, I prefer having only a partially exposed hairline.
09-22-2008, 12:08 AM,
Darius

Are the attached photos of Steve L's what you would describe as a totally exposed hairline?

Just wondering cos this is the style I'm wanting.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-22-2008, 02:46 PM,
den10 Wrote:Are the attached photos of Steve L's what you would describe as a totally exposed hairline?

The first one definitely, the second one less so.

The more you expose your front hairline, the more effort is going to be involved in keeping it looking good. By putting in that effort, fewer people may suspect that you are wearing. On the other hand, I think it would be much, much easier to screw it up, which if you do, then everyone will know.

Personally, I would only consider such an exposed hairline after quite some experience with a much less exposed hairline.
09-24-2008, 06:14 PM,
[quote="belalugosi"] My question is simple - If you look really closely at someone with their hair brushed back, can you truly not see lace or an edge? quote]

thats pretty much what i want to know aswell, it seems like if attached properly the lace is invisible, but im not sure about that. may be someone else can explain how the lace becomes invisible ? glue makes it invisible?
09-25-2008, 05:31 PM,
Quote:may be someone else can explain how the lace becomes invisible ?
Well, I guess it's kind of like a stocking with hair coming out of it. What makes a stocking invisible?
09-26-2008, 02:39 AM,
That's just it, though. A stocking, or pretty much any other material for that matter, would be visible in the front hairline. Especially on these pieces I've seen pics of that have the density thinned out a bit in the front (which I think looks incredibly realistic). How can the lace, thinskin, etc, not be visable in the front hairline under various types of lighting?
09-27-2008, 05:27 AM,
The lace is obviously there because it is a physical object, But what happens is when applied with glue the glue comes up through the lace and covers it so when applied correctly you CANNOT see the lace as it is hidden under the glue.