Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily attachment , a good idea?
09-27-2008, 05:40 PM,
Re: Daily attachment , a good idea?
If I didn't remove it everyday, I wouldn't be wearing. It's nice to remove it and get a good scalp scrub.

I use French lace with thinskin sides and back. The front contour is "CC" and I use bluelace superwide CC tape for easy taping. I cut the tape along its length to make 3 narrow strips out of a single tape. On the perimeter, I use 1"x3" Vapon tape. I can quickly cut the Vapon strips to match the contour of thinskin perimeter and I overlap the Vapon strips for easier removal.

To attach, I tape the perimeter first (removing tape backing), then put the super-wide tape along the front contour (do not remove the backing yet). I can position the piece on my forehead first and adjust its position. This is easy to do since the front tape backing hasn't been removed yet. Once I am satisfied with the position, I flip back the rest, press down sides and back, then remove the front tape backing, and finally attach the front.

I can ususally get in and out of shower, including removal, wash, and re-attach, in about 20 minutes.

Removal is done with 91% isoprophyl alcohol, rince the piece in the sink with some shampoo added in the water, tap-dry with towel, and let it dry a little while I take shower. After attaching, a few spray of Infusium 23, brush and ready to go. Sometimes when I am running late, I can do all these in 15 minutes.

Messages In This Thread
Daily attachment , a good idea? - ally82 - 09-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Re: Daily attachment , a good idea? - wesb - 09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Re: Daily attachment , a good idea? - jaycee - 09-27-2008, 05:40 PM