Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily attachment , a good idea?
09-30-2008, 08:53 AM,
Re: Daily attachment , a good idea?
Darius Wrote:How could you possibly cut all the pieces of tape to shape, getting the backing off, get the hairpiece alligned, put glue in the right place, let it dry, carefully tack down the lace, etc., all in five minutes?

Do you use tape mini-tabs?

Good daily wear pieces like most of mine have skin sides and back edges. Unless you're expecting someone to be running their hands all through your hair that day, it's not necessary with that design to have a perfect continuous tape edge all the way around. I can quickly cut tape sections from a roll or whatever and stick them around just close to the edge. After much experience I can position the thing quickly then pull off the tape backings one by one and it's all set except for the front.... but that's easy to do by flipping down the lace, marking the line, and spreading a thin layer of quick drying glue with a fingertip.
10-01-2008, 10:41 AM,
The thinskin with got2bglued sounds like a very easy time with daily attachment. I have used that product on lace as well.. I probably would use just that for daily attachment. Got2bglued freeze spray, or cement.. I think the cement works even better sometimes. or find a product even better then got2b.. there has to be something out there thats real strong.. We just need to find it.

the way i do my attachment is for 3 to four days.. but i use a similar method to jayceee.. i use tape for everything now.> the blue liner tape looks great in the front. I use no residue type tapes for the base. I put the tapes on t he system with the backing on. put it on my head to get it in line.. The only tape i take the backing off is the very back, so i tack that down first when im satisfied. then i flip up the unit in front of the mirror. and detach the tape sections section by section.. pull down, lift up.. take the next to backings off on both sides of the perimeter tack down etc. Till i get to the front then i take off the backing on the front and tack that down.
10-01-2008, 10:59 AM,
I see LOTS of guys who LOOK like they attached
their piece in only 5 minutes ... walking on the
streets of NYC every morning in the Wall Street area..

When you're wearing mirrored sunglasses .. with
the mirror on the inside ... well .. I guess the
whole world looks right ! Smile

I always carry a bag of roasted peanuts with
me to the park ... to feed those cute little
brown furry chipmunks who have a tendency
to sit on the top of men's heads with graying
sides and temples ... ! Smile

But those guys get Sooo Peaved at me ....
I guess I should heed the park's sign ..
'Don't feed the furry little critters .. they
could be rats ! Smile

Actually my friend Mike, a former Police Captain
and hair wearer of close to 30 years, who has been
buying his pieces from the same guy he grew up with
as a teenager in Bayonne NJ for close to $3,000 ...

I can't convince him to order a $300 Toplace piece
... you figure ! He doesn't even BELIEVE me when I
tell him what I paid !

In his case .. he removes every day .... He used clips
for years till he ended up getting alopecia where they
attached and now uses tape. He's ignorant to all
the facts I tell him I learned from the posts on toplace.

My stylist said, because I sleep pretty rough ... Wear
a 1 buck bandana on your head .. and your piece won't
shift ... Been doing that ... don't even know it is on.
I hope Hulk Hogan isn't having fantasies of me while
he's counting sheep at night ! Smile
10-01-2008, 04:15 PM,
As I wrote before, I use super-wide 5" tape (CC contour) in the front, split into 3 length-wise. I take a few minutes each month and cut 10 tapes to give me 30 narrow strips. Since my piece has CC front contour, the tape fits nicely. For sides and back, I use three 1"x3" strips and these are cut freehand with a pair of scissors. I guess I have been doing this for a while now so I can cut them in probably 30 seconds.
10-03-2008, 01:48 AM,
i want to make a point also there , able to clean the scalp daily is a very good thing...
when i take it off weekly the thing smell like shit and I hate it so much
but on the other hand the removal / cleanup / attaching process takes about 1-2 hour and it is really time consuming

i have been using white tape for the back of my TL250 so I am removing half of the unit to clean up (leaving the hairline on)... this way, I can cleanup daily yet maintaining the haline well... anybody have done something crazy like this ?