Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily attachment , a good idea?
09-25-2008, 02:18 AM,
Daily attachment , a good idea?
Hi everyone, i shall be wearing very shortly Big Grin

And like the idea of daily attachment....take off evening and put on morning ....if its not ridiculously time consuming.
Reasons are, i like to run every day 1-2 hours. I am a really bad sleeper....anything on my head at nite will probably not be there in the morning.

Is it a good idea, possible? and what attachment removal stuff will be best for this?

Any advice or comments greatly appreciated Big Grin
09-25-2008, 11:04 AM,
Re: Daily attachment , a good idea?
get the tl 250, french lace with poly skin on the sides and back
use a white glue like i glue or basebond for the lace front, and a not so strong tape, like the red liner deb sells for the skin area, and you can do a daily bond this way, this is what i do, but i usually go 2 or 3 days before taking it off, and there is not much mess to clean up
09-25-2008, 03:46 PM,
Ah.. I would say it's a bad idea. 3 days is a good short time frame.. Everyone is different, and reacts differently to glue types, tapes, etc.

If you put it on even somewhat good, it won't even some close to coming off no matter how much you roll around.. if you tug on it violently.. your rip the lace if anything at all.

even after wearing for 3 years or so.. I can only do a pull off, and clean/reattach in a little over one hour.. And, I don't like to rush it, and go that fast b/c then I usually screw something up. But, recently, I got that re-align stuff from Debbie.. so alignment screw ups are a lot easier to correct now.
09-26-2008, 08:00 AM,
For Daily attachments, use Tape. I agree with the Toplace 250, French lace front with poly sides and back. Use Red liner tape on the poly and use Either Supertape, ST30 or No Shine tape on the front lace. This is the fastest and cleanest way to attach for a Daily Wearer. Tony F.
09-27-2008, 09:18 AM,
daily attachments are a really bad idea mate- you are a newbie like myself and intial attempts at attaching are not that easy- mainly the problem lies with aligning the piese right. i get really stressed right before i am about to attach my piece as its not always easy to get the alignment right. however when i do get it right i leave my piece on for at least a week. i am also a bad sleeper but i find with tape this is not an issue and my piece stays on. glue was another matter.. also bear in mind as a newvbie it will take you a lot longer to detach/clean and attach again. personally i dont think time wise a daily attachment is realistic if you have a busy life. but hey am sure there are people that do it so i guess its up to you!
09-27-2008, 12:18 PM,
The easiest daily attachment that I've found is using a thinskin base with Got2BGlued Freeze Spray to attach. In my experience this works well with a comb down style. I wouldn't depend on it for sweaty workouts or maximum undetectability, but it's so easy just a couple of minutes to attach or remove.

There was a member here who posted about his attachment method using a lace base and the blue lace tape to attach daily, he had it worked out to a routine of ~10 minutes or so by using the 5" wide contours. Blue tape is very strong, and can look nearly as good as glue. By removing daily, cleanup is very easy. He was also the first who recommended using a hair dryer to soften the tape during attachment, for a better look with no shine. IIRC, it's the same guy who is pictured on the Toplace site:

[Image: gallery-link.jpg]
09-27-2008, 05:40 PM,
If I didn't remove it everyday, I wouldn't be wearing. It's nice to remove it and get a good scalp scrub.

I use French lace with thinskin sides and back. The front contour is "CC" and I use bluelace superwide CC tape for easy taping. I cut the tape along its length to make 3 narrow strips out of a single tape. On the perimeter, I use 1"x3" Vapon tape. I can quickly cut the Vapon strips to match the contour of thinskin perimeter and I overlap the Vapon strips for easier removal.

To attach, I tape the perimeter first (removing tape backing), then put the super-wide tape along the front contour (do not remove the backing yet). I can position the piece on my forehead first and adjust its position. This is easy to do since the front tape backing hasn't been removed yet. Once I am satisfied with the position, I flip back the rest, press down sides and back, then remove the front tape backing, and finally attach the front.

I can ususally get in and out of shower, including removal, wash, and re-attach, in about 20 minutes.

Removal is done with 91% isoprophyl alcohol, rince the piece in the sink with some shampoo added in the water, tap-dry with towel, and let it dry a little while I take shower. After attaching, a few spray of Infusium 23, brush and ready to go. Sometimes when I am running late, I can do all these in 15 minutes.
09-29-2008, 10:19 AM,
Quote:If I didn't remove it everyday, I wouldn't be wearing.
Viva la difference. If I had to remove every day, I'd have a nervous breakdown!
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM,
jaycee Wrote:If I didn't remove it everyday, I wouldn't be wearing. It's nice to remove it and get a good scalp scrub.

Agree. Agree. Agree. Agree.

I probably don't spend more than 5 minutes in the morning re-attaching after a shower.... light glue in front and tape around the edges. Not a big deal after you have experience.
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM,
Tapehead Wrote:
jaycee Wrote:If I didn't remove it everyday, I wouldn't be wearing. It's nice to remove it and get a good scalp scrub.
I probably don't spend more than 5 minutes in the morning re-attaching after a shower....
How could you possibly cut all the pieces of tape to shape, getting the backing off, get the hairpiece alligned, put glue in the right place, let it dry, carefully tack down the lace, etc., all in five minutes?

Do you use tape mini-tabs?