Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairstyles....whats GOOD and whats NOT
09-26-2008, 07:49 AM,
Hairstyles....whats GOOD and whats NOT
I'm trying to decide a good hairstyle for my first hairpieces.
I am thinking of a modern caesar style ( forward style covering the hairline ). But i read quite alot about the stray hairs on front that stick to the forhead. Would this be a problem?
If i got a style that i spiked straight up from the front...would this be too difficult to disguise for a newbie?
Just really need some advise regarding obvious DO's and DONT's for a newbie. :?
09-26-2008, 08:38 AM,
Re: Hairstyles....whats GOOD and whats NOT
The best thing to do for a newbie is to get a style that can be worn both ways. any good stylist can give you a style that you can spike up in the front, but if not having a good hair day or if you didn't do such a great job glueing the hairline down, wear it down with bangs.
colins style (on the toplace homepage) is a good example, it can be worn spiked up slightly in the front or combed straight down.
DebbieS.
09-26-2008, 04:10 PM,
I would go combdown, or as Debbie suggested go with a style that allows flexibility to spike OR comb forward.

If you take away the stress of having to get the hairline perfect in the beginning things will be much easier.

On the other hand you might become complacent like me and never really get it down 100% because you weren't forced to practice.....
09-27-2008, 06:20 AM,
I just cut my hair down with a buzzer now, to 1 inch. I think its a number 8. I can comb it forward, or i can spike it up. I like cutting the hair short, but one problem of doing this, is that its better to get a higher density. When it starts shedding its more noticeable at this length , but ur style is versatile. U can spike it straight up, comb it anyway with short hair.
09-29-2008, 09:50 AM,
I agree with those who say the best haircut for a newbie is one that is designed to be spiked forward. That way you can show off enough hairline so as to help allay suspicions without having to maintain a perfect hairline. And on days for which the hairline is being sucky, or is lifting, and you don't have time to fix it, you can just comb it more down.

I also agree with JRob that I'll never probably bother to learn the skills for maintaining a comb-backed style as this seems easier to me. On the other hand, I prefer a spiked forward to combed back hairstyle anyway. I think it just looks better in general.

Combing straight down in bangs, however, I think both looks kind of dorky and can arouse suspicion.