Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/4 inch polygauze vs. Thinskin
09-26-2008, 09:41 AM,
1/4 inch polygauze vs. Thinskin
I believe, some time ago, some folks used a 1/4 polygauze perimeter around the back to prevent fraying. Is it wide enough to provide an effective bond? Secondly, for those of you who have used thinskin, about how long did it take before shedding became noticeable and the piece needed to be repaired/replaced? Thanks.
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM,
Re: 1/4 inch polygauze vs. Thinskin
Yes it is,Like with any poly you can paint the glue on and it will give a strong hold, Others find double lace another option.
09-26-2008, 11:02 PM,
Ok, thanks. But what about the thinkskin as a border? Basically the backs and sides of my head are starting to get really thin. I used to be able to support like 70-80%. Now I'm thinking less than 60%. I don't really want to use any significant amount of polygauze, and I don't want to go all lace. I hate all lace.

I've taken a look at the "exercise" model, which seems like a good design for my needs. However, I'd like to know how long the hair will stay in in the polyskin. Thanks.
09-27-2008, 03:27 AM,
ba, do you mean if you get a double lace primiter glue can be applied directly to the perimiter?
09-27-2008, 05:20 AM,
Yes you can apply glue to the double lace, There is some extra cleaning after a while but many use it with not too much problem.

For the skin Rob I have pieces with the very thin skin on sides and back and its as thin as all lace and at 60% density you cannot see it.
09-27-2008, 05:46 AM,
is double lace same as french ? if not.whats the difference ??
09-28-2008, 02:32 PM,
Anybody use lace layered on top of polyskin? I assume it'd be thin enough to work. I just don't like the idea of using plain poly around the edges, due to shedding. Thanks.