Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shampoo
09-27-2008, 06:42 AM,
Shampoo
Does anyone only shampoo their system while on their head?
Seems like it would be easy to shampoo, remove system and rewash head in shower.
By the way my head has not seen the light in over 10 years.
09-27-2008, 07:53 AM,
Re: Shampoo
I asked my stylist Di Di, (NYC hairstylist) that same
question yesterday ...

She replied: If I wanted to shower with the piece on
... wash my 'real' hair on the sides ... and only use
'color-safe' conditioner on the piece .. while attached
.. always making sure I kept my head tilted back
under the current of the shower spray ..

so the conditioner and water would flow down
from the hair down my back ... and not into the lace ....

I haven't tried her suggestion yet ... but will this week
after a workout at the gym I'll give it a go.
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM,
Re: Shampoo
I shampoo/condition while attached about every other day. ST 30 perimeter and Ultra hold in front. I use Infusium for color treated hair and often follow up with the same leave in conditioner (very little). I am not sure what your question is seeking to answer, but I am at 3 week bond which has required a few front touch ups during that time. I always clean the unit very well with the same sampoo/conditioners once it is removed. I am not particular about the water driving though my hair. The shower beats down on it just as anyone would normally shower. But usually let it fall forward for the final rinse.
As a note to Count, I would think that the additional weight of your hair might pull the glue a bit, once the warm water has softened the bond. Mine always dries and the bond is fine, but for me, I would rather have it lift a bit in the back (from the weight of the longer wet hair) than in the front. It has saved me additional front touch ups.

I hope that this helps.
Zap