Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front partial system question
09-27-2008, 11:13 AM,
Front partial system question
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but I'm 24 and am thinking about getting a system. I'm about a NW2.5-NW3. My temple recession goes back a good inch and a half or so, but my hairline at the center of my forehead is probably less than 1/2" receded.

My question is, would these companies be able to make a piece that fits my situation, and if so would the system be less secure up front since there is only a narrow strip of the system going across the center hairline? Or would it be easier to tear?

Also, one more question, can a partial system still look just as realistic as the fuller systems?

Thanks in advance
09-27-2008, 01:04 PM,
Re: Front partial system question
You can make your piece any size or shape you like! What some of us did was make a template based on our individual pattern of baldness. Then we sent in the template, and the company will make it according to what we sent in.

For example, I made my template with "flaps" that will compensate for my receded temple hair. Also, I still have a decent amount of hair in the front so for my template, I made the piece curve around the front hair.

Here is a picture: [Image: template2qe1.jpg]

Hope that helps!

Leamon
09-27-2008, 01:56 PM,
A small partial in the front to fill in recession can require a little finesse just due to the size. If it's a wide piece (going from temple to temple) and at the narrowest point the front is only 1/2" then you'll have to use care in attaching and removing the unit. Does your hairstyle expose any of the hairline? If so you'll probably want a graduated hairline and not a 'wall of hair.' With proper removal technique (not being in a hurry and allowing the lace release to completely breakdown the adhesive) and attachment techinque your partial will last as long as any piece--it's not rocket science--anyone can do it.
Regards,
John
09-27-2008, 05:40 PM,
The best toppers I have seen were from the smallest templates....

Ask xxbadboy. I saw his and it looks nothing short of spectacular.
10-02-2008, 02:18 PM,
Thanks for the responses you guys. That makes me feel better. I always comb my hair forward so I probably won't be revealing any of my hairline, I think that'll probably be the best thing for me since I have a naturally large forehead. Do you guys recommend sending in a template or just sending my measurements? Are templates generally better to get a more accurate fit?
10-02-2008, 03:04 PM,
You might be able to order a stock 8x10 and cut several pieces out of that. I think Debbie was talking to xxbadboy about this at the Windsor convention. Might want to ask for her input
10-03-2008, 02:42 AM,
Leamon, your picture didn't show up for me. Can you try again. I just ordered a system that wraps around my front hair as well and I'd love to see a picture of someone who has done this in the past. Or if we can figure out a way for you to email me a picture, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
10-03-2008, 11:11 AM,
I have a 1" wide piece by 5" long French Lace piece just for my hair line only. I wore my bangs down on my forehead in the beginning and used my real hair to blend in to the piece hair and no one noticed at all. The Hair was a bit puffy for the first couple of weeks so I had to work at styling the hair so no one would notice any thing at all. After about 2 months I had my front hairline exposed and spiked in the front. (Thanks again Debbie!)I used st 30 tape at first and now I just use glue because my forehead is now fully exposed and it makes my hairline look 100% natural. I do have to be careful removing the piece for cleaning so I do not tear the lace. I just take my time when I take the piece off and use Lace Release. Three months later I am still wearing the same piece and no problems at all. The real trick to wearing a small partial is to get it cut and styled which I had done by 2 different people before mine was perfected by Debbie.

xbaddboy
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM,
xbaddboy Wrote:The real trick to wearing a small partial is to get it cut and styled which I had done by 2 different people before mine was perfected by Debbie.

xbaddboy

A lot of people try to do it all themselves, but if you find a TRUE professional like Debbie, getting a pro to do your cut-in is a no brainer.

I've seen waaaaay too many people transformed into a new person after sitting in Debbie's chair for 20 minutes.

Too bad we can't clone her.
10-03-2008, 04:42 PM,
hairypalm Wrote:Leamon, your picture didn't show up for me. Can you try again. I just ordered a system that wraps around my front hair as well and I'd love to see a picture of someone who has done this in the past. Or if we can figure out a way for you to email me a picture, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hairypalm, the picture isn't a real picture (photograph). It's a picture I drew on Paint, to show how I designed my template. When I get my piece and have it cut in, I will definitely post up pictures. I'm optimistic because I designed the template to include temple hair.

Leamon