Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap
09-27-2008, 12:26 PM,
full cap
i unfortunatly have dupa, and the whole of my head is ridiculously thin.

i hear you guys talking about a full cap? where on the site are these to buy?

would it just be case of shaving my hair off?

also does anyone know how long that would last?
09-27-2008, 12:55 PM,
Re: full cap
Nuts,

Click here for examples of a full cap(http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82. Yes it requires you to shave off any hair on your head. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can tell you how long each piece lasts. My guess is a few months.

I think when you order your piece, you can select "full cap" but you'll need to take measurements of your head. There are instructions in the "Order Info" link at the main page (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.toplace.com">www.toplace.com</a><!-- w -->).

Leamon
09-27-2008, 02:19 PM,
You don't have to shave all your existing hair off. In fact leaving a bit at the back and sides can enhance the realism of the system at its extremities.

As for longevity, it depends on how you treat it and whether or not you sleep with it on. Count on an average of 12 to 14 weeks; I've got 5 months out of one full cap, others have managed longer. Drying out of the hair and shedding are the two main issues, fraying can also reduce useability. The type of base may also determine how long it lasts - generally injected skin bases have a shorter life span than the knotted lace versions.

Full caps cost more and can take longer to make. They can also cost more to get cut in. But they can solve most of your hair issues in one hit if you get the style and density right making them a very attractive total solution.
09-27-2008, 05:37 PM,
One of the cool things about a full cap is that you can order the density a bit on the high side and use styling products to give the illusion of a lower density as the piece naturally thins.

I am going on 8 months with my first two units, with one month of the 8 having worn a different unit.

I had to have hair added to both of my current pieces, but the one Debbie just cut down at the convention I would bet I can get another 2-3 months out of it.

So I basically got 7 months out of 2 units before I had hair added, and with the hair add I can probably stretch the two out to last another 4 months or so.

So 3.5 months each, add another 1.5-3 months with hair adds for a total of 5 or 6 months per piece. Who knows....I might get more than that. It just so happens that I now know the secret to keeping the hair soft, which I didn't know when I first got these two units.

And the"evil" genius in me has even more tricks up his sleeve.....Mwahahahahahaha!!!
09-28-2008, 12:11 AM,
thanks for that guys!

rob, how much did you spend on your full cap?
09-28-2008, 05:09 AM,
Not sure how much they are going for.....my last order I had credit factored in and I owed BA for some other stuff so you'll have to ask him the price Smile
09-29-2008, 01:34 PM,
Been using them 2-3 years now and they have been a lifesaver. Leaving hair stubble where it bonds helps the hold if you are able to leave stubble. I get 6-9 months from mine (1) I use a higher density to offset hair loss over time(2)I dont sleep in it unless I have company so not sleeping in it reduces pull/stress on the hair. They usually wear out cuz the hair won't stay soft, and shedding over the long term. Never had one with lace tears or thinskin tears. I've tried hair adds for the loss but never pleased with the results. Last time the added hair wouldn't stay in style and was going in every direction.

I'd love to know JRob's trick for keeping the hair soft???????????????? Some hair polishers have worked a bit for me but conditioners usually don't last long and can cause the hair to go flat looking.
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM,
ftwguy Wrote:Leaving hair stubble where it bonds helps the hold if you are able to leave stubble.

For me, using tape as my primary (for hold) and glue as a secondary attachment method (for finish), I have to keep my head totally shaved....no stubble, or the attachment is compromised.

Quote:I get 6-9 months from mine (1) I use a higher density to offset hair loss over time

This is one of the best benefits of the full cap.

You can basically get away with 10, maybe even 15 percent higher density than you ultimately want to end up with, so by the the time the unit sheds to perfection you have already gotten three or four months out of it by "cheating" the density with styling product. You can increase the life of the unit this way, and with hair adds you can possibly extend it even more.

Quote:I'd love to know JRob's trick for keeping the hair soft???????????????? Some hair polishers have worked a bit for me but conditioners usually don't last long and can cause the hair to go flat looking.

Ancient Chinese secret Wink

You must have missed the Blue Max threads.

I developed a "polisher" type product specifically for hair wearers. Check out the old forum. Couple of posts on the first page that will give you all the info. You can't rely solely on conditioner. That only lasts a day or two if you're lucky. Gotta seal the hair shaft and protect it.
09-30-2008, 02:34 AM,
You must have missed the Blue Max threads.

I developed a "polisher" type product specifically for hair wearers. Check out the old forum. Couple of posts on the first page that will give you all the info. You can't rely solely on conditioner. That only lasts a day or two if you're lucky. Gotta seal the hair shaft and protect it.[/quote]

Read here :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/thread/1221414639/last-1222311427/BlueMax++++outstanding+product">http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/t ... ng+product</a><!-- m -->