Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**Full Cap DVD Update**
09-29-2008, 05:47 PM,
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update**
ftwguy Wrote:I've been wearing full caps for 2-3 years, and I think some key points are making sure the original measurements or template are very accurate. I really suggest making a saran wrap template for best accuracy. I wish I had done that originally.

I partially agree.

After a little trial and error I am of the opinion that you should order with a template, but you should get all lace and tweak it when it arrives. Make the template a bit larger than you think you will need, and subtract whatever needs to go.

My first two units were ordered from measurements, and I got in with scissors and tweezers and modified the temples and hairline exactly the way I wanted them.

Quote:It would have saved vast amounts of time tweaking subsequent orders, alot of cutting/trimming into shape.

See, I like tweaking.

The only problem with an "accurate" template is that when you build it all you are looking at is plastic on your head. If you build the template a bit larger you can snip a little here and there, get it cut in, and snip a bit more if you have to.

Quote:Also, it is imperative to get the sideburns absolutely correct.

I usually order long sideburns and cut them off where needed. I try to get the placement correct, but again i don't worry too much about it with a lace base since I can modify it easily after I see it on my head.

Quote:Thinskin perimeter works great UNLESS you have a GF who likes to run fingers thru hair or grab your neck nape. The ridge from the thinskin can be detected. I am presently ordering one with no thinskin and will use it on date nights, and other unit used for work/play etc. I am not looking forward to cleaning the lace as thinksin is a piece of cake for cleanup.

I have completely ruled out skin perimeters on full caps for my main pieces.

That said, i am of the opinion that everyone should have ONE skin perimeter piece that can be attached quickly when detectability to touch isn't going to be an issue. something to throw on when you are pressed for time and remove just as fast if need be.

From now on it's ALL LACE for me for my main units. If you don't wait too long between cleanups it isn't that bad......

Messages In This Thread
**Full Cap DVD Update** - JRob - 09-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - nuts1986 - 09-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - Hair-E - 09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - ftwguy - 09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - JRob - 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - ftwguy - 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - JRob - 10-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - ftwguy - 10-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - Hair-E - 10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - JRob - 10-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update** - ftwguy - 10-06-2008, 04:03 AM