Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**Full Cap DVD Update**
09-28-2008, 06:03 AM,
**Full Cap DVD Update**
I am putting the finishing touches on the script as we speak.

Whew! It's a lot more information than I realized!

My main camera is in the shop and I expect to have it back within the next couple of weeks, upon which I plan to begin shooting. In the meantime I am going to start to build the template, so editing should go pretty quickly.

I will also be offering an eBook version that you can download for FREE. That way anyone who is tight on money or someone who wants to get started before they get the DVD can have all of the information in an instant. It will also help since you will have a text copy you can refer to.

If anyone is interested in a Full Cap and has any specific questions they would like to see addressed, now is the time to add any last minute suggestions.....
09-28-2008, 06:58 AM,
Re: **Full Cap DVD Update**
hey rob. sorry i dont have any questions. i just want to say thanks as i will be buying this dvd as soon as its available. im a total novice and im seriously thinking of getting my first kind of hair system after i view your dvd.

good luck making it.
09-28-2008, 04:24 PM,
I think your best bet is to touch on everything that MB did in his video, but with a fullcap...

So excited! Big Grin
09-29-2008, 01:22 PM,
I've been wearing full caps for 2-3 years, and I think some key points are making sure the original measurements or template are very accurate. I really suggest making a saran wrap template for best accuracy. I wish I had done that originally. It would have saved vast amounts of time tweaking subsequent orders, alot of cutting/trimming into shape. I used the sheets of paper from the order page for head measurements which are not accurate for curves etc. Also, it is imperative to get the sideburns absolutely correct. Fit around the ears is very tedious to trim but absolutely necessary...or you'll be busted. The snugger the fit the better, but it creates the problem of a more difficult attachment to the head especially with glues such as ultra hold or tite grip. They really catch to the scalp when trying to place the unit on the head even with coating head with alcohol. And once those glues catch skin, they are extremely difficult to readjust on the head...and a real mess can ensue catching hair, fingers etc. Thinskin perimeter works great UNLESS you have a GF who likes to run fingers thru hair or grab your neck nape. The ridge from the thinskin can be detected. I am presently ordering one with no thinskin and will use it on date nights, and other unit used for work/play etc. I am not looking forward to cleaning the lace as thinksin is a piece of cake for cleanup.
09-29-2008, 05:47 PM,
ftwguy Wrote:I've been wearing full caps for 2-3 years, and I think some key points are making sure the original measurements or template are very accurate. I really suggest making a saran wrap template for best accuracy. I wish I had done that originally.

I partially agree.

After a little trial and error I am of the opinion that you should order with a template, but you should get all lace and tweak it when it arrives. Make the template a bit larger than you think you will need, and subtract whatever needs to go.

My first two units were ordered from measurements, and I got in with scissors and tweezers and modified the temples and hairline exactly the way I wanted them.

Quote:It would have saved vast amounts of time tweaking subsequent orders, alot of cutting/trimming into shape.

See, I like tweaking.

The only problem with an "accurate" template is that when you build it all you are looking at is plastic on your head. If you build the template a bit larger you can snip a little here and there, get it cut in, and snip a bit more if you have to.

Quote:Also, it is imperative to get the sideburns absolutely correct.

I usually order long sideburns and cut them off where needed. I try to get the placement correct, but again i don't worry too much about it with a lace base since I can modify it easily after I see it on my head.

Quote:Thinskin perimeter works great UNLESS you have a GF who likes to run fingers thru hair or grab your neck nape. The ridge from the thinskin can be detected. I am presently ordering one with no thinskin and will use it on date nights, and other unit used for work/play etc. I am not looking forward to cleaning the lace as thinksin is a piece of cake for cleanup.

I have completely ruled out skin perimeters on full caps for my main pieces.

That said, i am of the opinion that everyone should have ONE skin perimeter piece that can be attached quickly when detectability to touch isn't going to be an issue. something to throw on when you are pressed for time and remove just as fast if need be.

From now on it's ALL LACE for me for my main units. If you don't wait too long between cleanups it isn't that bad......
10-02-2008, 01:39 PM,
Interesting info JRob. I just ordered my first all lace full cap, but nervous about secure attachment and cleanup. Very hot and humid in Texas. White glues, red sensi-tac tape just won't hold. Tite grip and Ultra Hold are very messy on skin, but sure do hold in the humidity. I gotta find some type of tape that holds in hot and humid weather yet isn't a mess to clean up, or even some glue not messy. If ya got suggestions, I'd love to hear them cuz I need advice.

I never needed full lace until now. New GF is a real hair grabber!
10-02-2008, 02:56 PM,
ftwguy Wrote:Very hot and humid in Texas. White glues, red sensi-tac tape just won't hold. Tite grip and Ultra Hold are very messy on skin, but sure do hold in the humidity. I gotta find some type of tape that holds in hot and humid weather yet isn't a mess to clean up, or even some glue not messy. If ya got suggestions, I'd love to hear them cuz I need advice.

I never needed full lace until now. New GF is a real hair grabber!

Try living in Florida and having super oily skin.....

I have tried everything under the sun, and it comes down to blue liner for hold, white glue at the front edge of the temples and hairline for finish.

I can't go more than 4 days without removing no matter what because of my skin condition, so cleanup isn't much of an issue or me. after 5 days the blue liner really starts to gum up and gets nasty.

My only suggestion is to try the other strong tapes such as the Walker no shine, ST-30, Supertape, and Pro-flex.

To be honest it's the BAD properties of the blue liner that give me such a great hold. The lace really bites into the tape like it does with Ultrahold. the other strong tapes are great because they don't get as gooey, but the same properties keep them from sticking as well for me.
10-03-2008, 01:44 PM,
Thanks JRob, I'll see if Debbie carries any of those tapes. Wow, I can't imagine cleaning Ultra Hold out of Lace. I ordered some of your secret recipe last night and look forward to trying it out. I think the full lace will be nice, but I am NOT looking forward to cleaning it. I'm spoiled with simple cleanup on thinskin.
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM,
Have to be honest with you, ftwguy. I saw JRob remove his all lace full cap at the convention where he cleaned the tape off. Couldn't have took him more than a couple of minutes. I don't know if this is normal for most people or not, but the cleanup (with tape at least) didn't look nearly as scary as I thought it would be.
10-04-2008, 07:05 PM,
ftwguy Wrote:Thanks JRob, I'll see if Debbie carries any of those tapes. Wow, I can't imagine cleaning Ultra Hold out of Lace. I ordered some of your secret recipe last night and look forward to trying it out. I think the full lace will be nice, but I am NOT looking forward to cleaning it. I'm spoiled with simple cleanup on thinskin.

Thanks for the order!

The secret to a quick cleanup is catching it before the adhesive has broken down and worked its way into the lace.

You won't have any problems getting UH out of the lace if you remove soon enough. The problem will be getting it off your HEAD.

The trick is to find the sweet spot where the glue (or tape) has broken down just enough to release cleanly from the lace, but remains on your head and is fairly easy to remove from the skin.

When Hair-E saw me remove my full cap, it was an all blue liner tape attachment that was only on my head for a couple of days. If I release within about 4 days I don't have much of a cleanup issue....if it goes beyond 4 days I have problems getting the tape off the base.