Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best adhesive
09-29-2008, 08:29 AM,
best adhesive
What is the best adhesive for someone who has oily skin and perspires during exersise?
09-29-2008, 09:06 AM,
Re: best adhesive
jade1974 Wrote:What is the best adhesive for someone who has oily skin and perspires during exersise?

As has been said a zillion times, you simply have to try some various ones and see which one(s) work for you.
Many, many times, one that works for one person simply doesn't work for someone else.

I, for one, have oily skin and sweat a lot and Basebond (in the front) works great for me, but some can't seem to get a days hold out of it.
I suspect that some of the problems that people have with various adhesives is due to lack of cleaning (de-greasing) of the lace. They use one of the oil type cleaners and often soak, literally, the lace in it, then have problems getting the lace to stick to much of anything.

Bottom line, buy several types and see what works for you.

Smile
Fred (StealthTJ)
09-29-2008, 09:25 AM,
Re: best adhesive
I wrote a little glue FAQ that is located here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://groups.google.com/group/st30/web/glue-faq">http://groups.google.com/group/st30/web/glue-faq</a><!-- m -->

If anyone has anything that they think should be added, I'm all ears.

Personally, I have the best luck with a combination of Perma Rite #15 and CP ORWG, and can easily get two weeks, or even three, using them, even though they are white glues.

I have a question for others: I certainly can't get two+ weeks and have the front hairline look good, as glue seeps into the hair and causes hairs to bunch together, etc. I haven't worried to much about this, since I don't do a full exposure of my hairline. Unfortunately, even with a partial exposure, it can be problematic. My current best solution to this is to just use gel to make my hair clumpy to begin with, and then it's not noticeable.

I've read that people do partial cleanings of just their unit fronts in order to prevent this problem. I assume you have to do this before any glue seeps into the hair. If so, how often do you do this front cleaning? And you are able to do this without weakening the rest of the attachment?