Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attachment Times
09-30-2008, 05:49 AM,
Attachment Times
I read here that removal and maintenance is better if you do not wait so long between attachments.
Seems like it would be easier if you waited longer because it practically falls off your head or you have
lifting all over if you wait lets say 4 weeks.
Would this be the case if you wanted a real secure bond? Changing more often, lets say every 3 weeks would be better for me if it was quick and easy. How does this work? I know after 2 weeks my system is still on my head like cement. I assume that the hard part of cleanup would be the tape on the lace. So if I changed about every two to three weeks with tape and used alchohol or tape release, then the gunk would not be on the lace? In summary if I can get a great bond and change quickly, what specs are the best?
09-30-2008, 06:56 PM,
Re: Attachment Times
Personally, I have't noticed any more difficulty in doing a clean-up if I wait hree weeks, rather than two weeks. I just worry that I might end up with catastrophic hold failure if I wait three weeks. The biggest problem if I wait three weeks is that then my hair stubble is too long to shave with an electric razor. And that's actually pretty serious because if use a blade razor, then I risk removing some of my long hairs.
10-01-2008, 04:50 AM,
Re: Attachment Times
Darius,

By maintenance time how long are you taking?
Right now with the club I am 1 hour a month including haircut, but would like to change every 2 to 3 weeks or have a fresh attachment if required for special events like boating or jetskiing. Do you have another unit that you can have ready to go so you are not bare headed for the cleanup. I guess with toplace pricing I could always have 2 units, one on and one ready to go. That way if I did need to soak the system to clean it would not affect my time.