Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA's gluing method, using a little piece of tape
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM,
BA's gluing method, using a little piece of tape
I just tried out BA's gluing method (document at http://www.angelfire.com/zine/digest/baglue.html), wherein you put a little piece of tape in the middle of the unit, and then temporarily tack the unit down onto your head using only that little piece of tape. Then you glue the front half of the unit to your head, remove the little piece of tape, and then glue the back half of the unit to your head.

I'm here to say that it works famously!

It's still takes me more than three hours as a relative newbie to remove my unit, clean my unit, clean my head, shave my head, dye my hair, reattach the unit, and do a few glue touch-ups, etc. But since I only have to do this once a month, the time spent is not that bad. (I only have to do it once a month because my glue attachment lasts two weeks with touch-ups, and my stylist does the other attachment for the month.)

I'm not sure that BA's method saves me time, and I did end up pulling out a couple of hairs removing the tape, but it sure saves me a lot of stress worrying about whether I'll get the unit on straight or not. Also, I think I do get the unit on straighter.
10-01-2008, 10:30 AM,
Re: BA's gluing method, using a little piece of tape
I suggest people make life easier on themselves. i prefer to use tape to attach the base and the front. But even if i use glue for the front, i always use tape for the base. its just so much easier to apply and remove. Removing my system or reattaching takes about 10 minutes each for me.
10-01-2008, 11:06 AM,
once a month?
i would not want to be standing next to you on the subway or in a bus :o
10-01-2008, 02:16 PM,
Quote:i would not want to be standing next to you on the subway or in a bus
Why's that? My stylist cleans my scalp the other time during the month, so that makes twice a month. I bathe every day and I regularly wash my hair and my head. I use all SFS, so water goes through it. Also, when I do clean my scalp, I am very thorough, and use two different kinds of anti-bacterial scrubs.
10-01-2008, 02:19 PM,
Quote:I suggest people make life easier on themselves. i prefer to use tape to attach the base and the front
I dunno. It takes me just as much time if I use tape. Cutting all those piece of tape to just the right shape so that I get right up to the edge. It's not any easier for me. Might be harder. And then I end up with tape shine.
10-01-2008, 07:55 PM,
My latest attatchment now is with the walker no shine tape at the front. Before I''d use ST30 all the way around but now I use one peice of Walker no shine at the front where I expose the hairline the most & then ST30 for the rest. If I need to I'll use some glue just at the front on the walker no shine tape. This is working extremley well. I now change every week instead of every 2 weeks. This way leaves absouloutly no residue on removal & It just feels alot cleaner & fresher to change every week. I've changed to doing my attachments in the morning now aswell. I find this alot better cause I'm fresh & awake where as at night I'd be tired & get stressed alot easier. It takes me about an hour all up which is fine.