Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new type of thin skin base?
10-06-2008, 05:09 AM,
Re: new type of thin skin base?
not for me, the scalp appearance with lace isnt a problem for me. I would get a poly perimeter for ease of attachment. i would just use tape on the skin or got2bglued spray on the perimeter for attachment.
10-07-2008, 07:59 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:i would just use tape on the skin or got2bglued spray on the perimeter for attachment.

ymmv, but G2BG did not work at all with the new thinskin. For the purpose that you describe, I'd get the older version thinskin or PSB for a perimeter with lace center. For scalp look, the I-lace is the bomb.
10-07-2008, 04:06 PM,
Yeah i really have had nothing but lace systems.. French lace, sfs lace front. I have lace with poly perimeter. I been wearing comb down styles, so i figure, skin should be good enough for comb down.. one thing i worry about also.. I have temple flaps, they go into my real hair sometimes a little bit, I wonder if skin would be good enough to look real in that area.. and can you use tape with this new skin? I want to get a system thats really easy to put on take off,, something simple i can have in the arsenal.. Maybe ilace base with the super thin skin front perimeter? Then theres the question of hair direction and shedding.. I havent heard much about skin anymore.. I wonder if anyone is getting good results.
10-08-2008, 04:57 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Yeah i really have had nothing but lace systems.. French lace, sfs lace front. I have lace with poly perimeter. I been wearing comb down styles, so i figure, skin should be good enough for comb down.. one thing i worry about also.. I have temple flaps, they go into my real hair sometimes a little bit, I wonder if skin would be good enough to look real in that area.. and can you use tape with this new skin? I want to get a system thats really easy to put on take off,, something simple i can have in the arsenal.. Maybe ilace base with the super thin skin front perimeter? Then theres the question of hair direction and shedding.. I havent heard much about skin anymore.. I wonder if anyone is getting good results.

I don't think that tape would work well with the XtraThin skin, unless you apply the tapes to your scalp. Because of it's thinness it sort of "crinkles" up around the hair roots, needs to be stretched out as you apply it. The regular thinskin with I-lace "island" which is BA's "workout" piece design should be quite easy to attach with G2BG, I want to try one of these. I have used a full PSB base with G2BG, it works great and so easy to attach or remove - literally just a minute or two.
10-08-2008, 06:32 AM,
Yeah i dont know, i have said this a few times, Maybe they should make a slightly thicker skin for where the tape goes etc, so it is easy to work with, and right at the very front hairline, and the skin that extends slightly past the hairline, to make the material thinner. I believe poly is made from a liquid substance so gradually thinning out the material should be do able. I would say this is a good solution because ull have something easy tow ork with, but at the same time a better hairline appearance.