Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying tapes problem
10-02-2008, 08:55 AM,
Buying tapes problem
Well its kind of an annoying situation. I want to buy tapes from one source, but I cant. Debbie does not sell CC contour tapes, and I need those for my front hairline. Jeff sells USA tape which I like for the base attachment, on lace or poly, but I dont like it for the front, and he got rid of the blue tape. I really dont want to buy different tapes from different places and pay double the shipping for no reason. The only option i really have now is to try and buy the tapes I need from hairdirect. Does anyone know if a good tape that is strong enough to be used with lace for a good attachment, but clean enough to be used with poly?
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM,
Re: Buying tapes problem
Xeon,
If you haven't tried ST 30 yet you really should. It's much better than those other tapes---doesn't break down and get all 'gooey' like other tapes. It only comes in rolls but just cut several small pieces and arrange them around the perimeter of the unit. Clean up is a snap (no goo on the lace) and the hold is excellent!
Regards,
John
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM,
yeah I have heard wonders about the st30 tape, but i need contours for my front hairline. using straight tape is too difficult and time consuming on my piece for how i attach, plus its very irregular with flaps etc. I wanted the walker no shine tape from debbie, but she doesn't have the contours that match my systems front. I need CC contour.

Is there any tape that debbie sells that you recommend for poly? im thinking of the duo tac or the no messy tape.
10-03-2008, 04:04 PM,
Xeon,
Advant Hair sells CC contour blue-lace tape. They also sell Vapon 1" x 3" strips which I use on poly perimeters. Vapon tape is strong enough but comes off easy with no mess.

I use super-wide 5" blue lace tape in the front, cut length-wise in 3 strips. Blue lace tape is strong enough so narrow strips work well and comes off easily with alcohol.
10-03-2008, 05:44 PM,
thanks joycee, i use the blue tape myself.. i will take a look into the vapon tape. The blue is way too strong for poly.. and some white tapes i have used are too weak for lace.. Thank you. :-)